cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Split posting of Customer A/R amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to change the posting of a normal sales transaction from:

DR A/R Customer

CR Sales

CR Output Tax

to be:

DR A/R Customer

DR A/R Customer - Withholding Tax

CR Sales

CR Output Tax

So if we view the transactions of the customer via tcode FBL5N, we will see 2 line items which are the A/R Customer amount and the A/R Customer-Withholding Tax. Can we configure this via the SD module, or the FICO module?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Welcome to SCN Forum

As the postings have to be changed, so maintain a new account key (Say ZRL) and assign a new G/L account to the account key in VKOA.Assign a condition type in the pricing procedure and assign the new account key (Say ZRL).It can be configured thorugh SD & FI modules as it is a SD & FI integration

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for not being clear about the requirement. Let me illustrate further. Below is our existing posting for a normal sales invoice. 9200001 is the customer code.

Posting Key G/L Account Account short text Amount

-

-

-

-

01 9200001 CUSTOMER ABC 15,000.00 -

> This line goes to the customer's ledger (FBL5N).

50 40021001 Output VAT 1,607.14- -

> Posted to a G/L account.

50 10010411 CM/D-3rd Party 13,392.86- -

> Posted to a G/L account.

Now, we want the posting to be like this assuming that there's a 1% Withholding Tax. So 1% of 15,000 is 150, and so the amount of 15,000 will be split up into 14,850 and 150 in the customer's ledger.

Posting Key G/L Account Account short text Amount

-

-

-

-

01 9200001 CUSTOMER ABC 14,850.00 -

> This line goes to the customer's ledger (FBL5N).

01 9200001 CUSTOMER ABC 150.00 -

> This line goes also to the customer's ledger (FBL5N).

50 40021001 Output VAT 1,607.14- -

> Posted to a G/L account.

50 10010411 CM/D-3rd Party 13,392.86- -

> Posted to a G/L account.

Edited by: Cecile on Oct 24, 2011 5:13 AM

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecile,

please check this thread:

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivano,

Thanks for this link. I just configured the Payments terms (installment). No need to revise the user-exit.

Regards,

Cecile

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cecile

Kindly share with us what has been done in the payment terms. Its nice to listen that your issue has been solved

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Srinath,

You have to ask your FI Consultant to configure the payment terms for installment via tcode OBB8 (please refer to Ivano's link), then configure the percentage of installment (for example, first line is 99% and the second line is1% for my case) via tcode OBB9. Then assign that new payment term to the customer in the customer master data, or just put it in during the creation of the sales order.

Regards,

Cecile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hi this can be achieved by maintianing a new condition called "customer withholding tax" as an expence/discount item in the pricing procedure.

Assign account key to this condition type which is different from ERS.

In VKOA assign a GL= customer withholding tax for this accont key.

This way we can achieve the required entries. Confirm with your FICO consultant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan

Edited by: SharanKumar.S on Oct 10, 2011 9:34 AM