cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP receiver adaptor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using HTTP receiver adaptor to connect to an external system.Here I have to pass an Idoc from SAP to one folder in the target host where the application is installed.

My question is without using FTP adaptor(only with HTTP) can i send this Idoc to The folder in the target?

If yes , What should i give the "path" field in Receiver HTTP adapter? I tried giving the folder name, but it was throwign an error 400.

I created connection G in XI.I put some xml file (KK.xml) as path there and tested the connection it was working fine. Could you please help me out with this?

Thanks

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridharreddy_kondam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Check this Forum link with the same issue

regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for the quick response but Im looking for some thing about writing into host directory using HTTP adaptor(not FTP).

External system is supposed to accept my http request, but as of i donno how that would accept my requst.If i could write the data into the directoy of host that would be fine.

Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

Kiran

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You are talking about saving a file in the target director using HTTP Receiver adapter... As per my knowledge it is not possible in a straight fwd. The target should be a web application (obviously) which should recieve the data/xml that HTTP adapter is sending and then should save it in the respective directory. XI HTTP adapter will not do that job for sure. When you use HTTP adapter in XI its job is to deliver the message to the given URL thats it. If XI need to save it as a file then its thru File NFS/FTP.

FYI :

HTTP - Hyper Text Transfer Protocol

This can carry only texts but not a file

FTP - File Transfer Protocol

This is used for transfering files.

If HTTP is mandatory in your scenarion, then then a wep programming to be done at the target end (ASP/ASP.NET/JSP/Servlets/etc..)

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Prakash.

Im in the process of writing a ASP code which does the needful

Kiran

Answers (0)