cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM - 2 approvers of request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to create scenario were are 2 approvers of change request (and/or) urgent correction?

Customer has request to approve change request by 2 employees to provide double check. Is it any easy way to do this?

Best regards,

Martin

I deleted part of this message because it was inappropriately influenced by stress and temper.

Edited by: Martin Simecek on Oct 14, 2011 9:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

yes that shoulb be possible with the usage of new status and actions.

The question is: What should happen, when the persons give their approvement?

Creation of CD only at the first approvement, or only at the second approvement, or should there be two change documents?

Can you please specify the scenario?

Greets,

Martin

Edited by: Martin Steger on Oct 14, 2011 10:30 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

well, in requested scenario there are very few persons in whole process of change request, so there will be persons who have more than one charm role. Perfect example are these two approvers.

One of them should be able to create CR, approve it - this will create CD, then approve it to move it to development, test, prod.

Somewhere (i'm not sure where exactly, but probably in phase after CR approvement or CD approvement) should be one more status which will need approve action from second approver. There should be some mechanism to disallow first approver to approve this so only second one can do it. Now I don't know exactly if it this status will extend process of CR or CD, but I think this is not that important.

This has to work also vice-versa so when 2nd approver performs initial approvement, 1st approver should be the only one who can change status and proceed to next phase.

I hope it's clear and understandable... if not, don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Thanks,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess you can manage to to that with usage of authorizaton codes in the status scheme.

Thats what the SAP-Help says:

-

Authorization key

The authorization key is the basis for status-dependent authorization verification.

Example

Whenever a user status is set or deleted, the user's authorization to do so is checked. The status profile, the object type and the authorization key for the user status concerned are checked.

If, for example, you want to ensure that certain user statuses can be changed only by people in a particular group, you assign all those user statuses an authorization key.

Then use authorization object B_USERSTAT to give authorizations for those authorization keys.

-

Edited by: Martin Steger on Oct 14, 2011 1:38 PM