cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

semi finished products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have the following issue that I am working on.

There is a situation where there are two plants in two locations. When there is a demand in plant A for semifinished product A the demand is propagated to plant B for production(though the two locations are plants it is a business requ). So the situation is tested and working well in ECC. Procurement type for loc A iF and special proc type 71(procured from loc B) is maintained). When the demand is created for plant A and when MRP is run, purchase req and planned orders are created for material A in plant B.

The same situation is to be simulated in APO SNP using optimizer. To plan the mat A for loc A and B in APO and convert the planned orders to production orders in ECC.

I have cifed, materials, BOM,created trans lanes , maintained SNP optimizer settings in APO and ran optmizer for loc A and material A combination. This generated planned orders in rrp3 view. Now the issue is that I cannot see the planned orders and purchase req for mat A in loc B. And also no planned orders are seen in ECC.

Please provide a detailed explanation and further steps.

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls run the optimiser with prod = A and Loc = A+B

It should work fine. Also in the t code /sapapo/mvm, check if the check box for 'No planned orders without source of supply' is clicked or not. If it is clicked, then you need to maintain a PPM for prod A at loc B. If it is unchecked, optimiser will create planned orders for A at loc B even without a PPM.

Pls let me know if this helps.

Regards

Manotosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi manatosh,

Thanks a lot!!

I ran the optimizer with prod = A and Loc = A+B and it worked!! I have one last question.

Back in ECC I see planned oders and pur requ for location B(production location) but I do not see pur requ for location A(receiving location). What could be the problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check the following for PReq at loc A.

1. The integration model for PReq for loc A should be active in ECC. Tcode CFM5

2. The distribution function should be defined for Loc A with Proc type F(ext proc) in APO

3. Lastly check the queue for blocked queues if any (SMQ1/SMQ2)

Regards

Manotosh

Answers (0)