Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "Signal c00 received by operating system" while creating tables

martin_bschen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I installed "SAP NetWeaver Application Server ABAP 7.02 SP6 32-bit Developer Edition" on Windows XP, and that was surprisingly easy, compared to previous tries with previous editions.

But now, when I try to create tables, namely when I try to activate the table or when I choose the tab "Entry help/check" I got the message "disp+work.EXE" has encountered a problem and needs to close" from my operating system and my session is terminated.

I can see this error in my syslog with the test "SAP Basis System: Signal c00 received by operating system".

What can I do to fix that problem? Using the trial version without being able to create tables is much less fun ...

Thank you for your help,

Martin

Edited by: mboesche on Oct 9, 2011 6:49 PM:

Edited by: mboesche on Oct 9, 2011 7:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems kernel problem. If it is possible to upgrade the kernel to the latest patch level for the NW you installed, then please give it a try.

Thanks

martin_bschen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi DatabaseSAP,

I'm far away from being a basis person. How can I check if it is possible to apply a kernel patch for my version? As i wrote, Í just took the newest 32-bit version from the sdn-dowload section. Is it possible tp patch this trial-version?

Greetings,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Martin,

Please try to navigate the path -

service.sap.com/swdc --> support packages and Patches --> My Company's Application Components" --> Complimentary Software" --> SAP KERNEL 32-BIT/ SAP KERNEL 32-BIT Unicode --> SAP KERNEL 7.20 32-BIT

Here you will find the latest kernel for 7.20 or 7.02 both. Download both - the database independent part and the database dependent according to the database type you have.

Try to read the 19466 Downloading SAP kernel patches

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Working with WebDynpro in "SAP NetWeaver ABAP 7.02 32-bit Trial" I'm getting also the error "Signal c00 received by operating system".

A dump analysis in ST22 shows the following:

SAP (R) - R/3(TM) Callstack, Version 1.0

Copyright (C) SAP AG. All rights reserved.

Application exception occurred:

Exception : c0000005 (Access Violation)

App       : disp+work.EXE (pid=4711)

The exception "c0000005 (Access Violation)" is thrown by the windows operating system and caused by a feature named "DEP Data Execution Prevention" or "no-execute page-protection (NX)". Malicous code (e.g. viruses) should be prevented from being executed in protected memory area. MS Windows provides the "DisableNX, /noexecute" switch for normal operation, but it didn't work for me.

Some people got the same error found that a kernel patch solved the problem.

But patches aren't available any more for SDN-Users, and even not in SMP Service Market Place.

Anyone who can help me?

Regards

Answers (0)