cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting solman_setup with 7.1 SPS03

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have just installed solman 7.1 and patched to sps03.

However, when I run SOLMAN_SETUP I get a script error in the browser window:

Line: 1

Char: 1222

Code: 0

URI: http://x.x.x:8000/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/wd_sise_main_app?sap-language=EN

I found OSS notes 1547441 and 1621785 regarding the wizard using flash technology, however the workarounds (adding a flag to the URL and installing latest Adobe Flash player v11) provided in those notes did not help!

I opened a customer message, but curious if anyone else has this issue!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Perhaps the solution in this thread helps:

Regards,

Srikishan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately SAP did not provide a specific fix - probably since I fixed it and would not have been able to test it.

As an additioanl piece of bad news, when I applied the SolMan central correction note, I hit a few errors related to web dynpro abap rendering notes. My current situation is that when I launch solman_setup, I get a popup on the web page that the session is terminated and then nothing is clickable! I have an open tick with support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I actually found that before the OSS notes, but forgot to mention it did not help despite Evegeny's reply that it probably should have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange

A colleague with a lower IE8/Flash version did not have an issue.

Since it was a script error I tried (in IE) Tools-Developer Tools when I got the error. It brought up the page source, I went to the script tab and clicked start debugging, with breakpoints set to 'break on error'. Then the page actually displayed! Now it is working even without debugging!!

I have a customer message still open and if they provide anything, but this seems to be working now!

FYI, my versions:

IE 8.0.7600.16385

Adobe Flash Player 11 Active X 11.0.1.152

Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin 10.1.102.64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same issue in Solman. I have installed it and first thing after installing was installing SPS3. Now, when opening SOLMAN_SETUP I get the script failure. I allready tried to fix it by doing the steps mentioned in the post above...

Did SAP help you? Could you fix the failure?

Kind Regards and thank you for help!