cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Movement and CNS0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I have a doubt in the process of material movement and CNS0 consumption.

Our scenario is we are procuring for specific projects i.e. PReq + Res for WBS element. So PR is created with Q and after GRN stock falls under project stock. We book consumption entry via CNS0 because we want delivery note as output to come from SAP. This is working fine.

Now we have two storage locations as 1000 as open stock and 5000 as project storage location. Above scenario happen purely for 5000.

In case if we want some stock not to purchase because it is there in 1000 open stock then we have to do transfer posting 1st from 1000 to 5000. 2nd transfer posting will be from 5000 to specific project (may be with 415 movement type). So that stock will appear as project stock.

But this material for which we have done transfer posting will not be seen in CNSO.

So my question is :

1. Is there any movement type which will do stock transfer from 1000 to 5000 Q. ??? ( 311 Q not possible )

2. How to get transfered material in CNS0 so that we can get delivery note as output ?

Regards

Keshav

Edited by: keshav619 on Oct 9, 2011 10:22 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

I had some error for 412 so I have done the testing with 415 and its working fine.

Thank you very much for your support.

I have a very small doubt about the CNS0.

Whenever I enter project name and click on components then system ask me to select line item number from sales order. What does it mean ? and what happen with the reservation number which I have created for open stock from CJ20N ?

Regards

Keshav

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Whenever I enter project name and click on components then system ask me to select line item number from sales order. What does it mean ?

It is asking you to select the Sales order reference for filling the delivery address. You can also fill delivery address manually.

what happen with the reservation number which I have created for open stock from CJ20N ?

Reservation will get closed automatically once you do Post Goods Issue.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate the level of knowledge you have.

Regards

Keshav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

415 Q is for project to project stock transfer....I can do 415 but it is independent of reservation number.

If in MB1B I put 415 and click on reservation. then system is giving message as this transaction not used for movement type 281.

pl guide

Keshav

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please try the following..

attach material and generate reservation for WBS

do transfer posting 412 Q (without putting reservation reference)

after that please check CNS0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Thnx for help. I can now create res for WBS element. But how to and with which movement type I can do transfer posting against reservation.

I know about procuring indicators. But from MIGO as well as MB1B I can not do transfer posting against reservation no.

Pl guide

Regards

Keshav

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

since you have got reservation for WBS please do 412 Q and check CNS0 whether it is coming there or not..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transfer posting uses 281 Movement type but we need movement type as combination of 415 and 311.

When I am assigning material to activity it is created alwayz Res for Network. There is no option for WBS element.

What to do in this case ?>

Regards

Keshav

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible to create reservation for WBS. please read SAP help on procurement indicators and also check your material master settings specially in MRP Tab 4 (Individual/coll.)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...So that stock will appear as project stock.

please try to do transfer posting against the reservation generated in the project..