Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Originals related issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please find below my queries related to document's originals:

1. I need the database table where details about the originals for a particular document are stored. I have already checked DRAW table which gives some related path of originals in fields MRK_FILEP & MRK_FILEP1. I need originals name seperately without path.

2. Also in DRAW table fields like DAPPL / D APPL1, MRK_FILEP / MRK_FILEP1 indicate that in DRAW table, information for only two originals can be stored. Is this correct?

3. In my current system I am not able to attach more that 2 originals. Is this the maximum limit?

4. I am checking out the document originals using function module 'BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2'. Now suppose a document has 2 originals, one JPG file with name SNAP.JPG and second original of type EXCEL with name DATA.XLS.

This function module dumps the file at the correct location which I had mentioned in the ORIGINALPATH parameter of the function module, but it changes the name of the second file which is EXCEL file and ranames it to something like _RAHUL01.xls. I need to have the correct name. Please why this is happening?

Looking forwad for your earliest response.

Best Regards,'

Rahul Malani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The problem is resolved. I got help from the wiki link mentioned below:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/PLM/I001Win32error+2

Best Regards,

Rahul Malani

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you are storing the documents without KPRO, then you can upload max. 2 originals only.

But there is no limit for originals if you store documents using KPRO.

Cheers

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Thank you for the confirmation.

But my current problem is while checking out the document. I am using function module BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2 to check out the document. This is working fine if I run it independently from SAP GUI, but when I am calling this bapi in an enhancement, triggered from an action in the EASY DMS gui, this doesn't works.

Kindly let me know if you have any idea on this.

Best Regards,

Rahul Malani