cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal 7.3 compatibility with backend systems version

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have installed NW7.3(enterprise Portal). Our all backend systems NW7.0/7.1 versions.We are planning to integrate with SRM 7.0/NW7.01 with EP7.3.

Can we setup connectivity between lower and higher versions? Please let us know if any impact on this type of combinations.

If we want to use Portal 7.3 which version we need to maintain SRM (ABAP) side?

Which version of Portal is compatible all environments?

Thanks for your Suggestions.

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

In addition to the above suggested note by Sunny you can check the information about compatibility of SAP Netweaver 7.3

in:

service.sap.com/pam -> Search for SAP Netweaver 7.3

And also to check for more information you can go to the Upgrade Master Guide:

service.sap.com/upgradenw73 -> Upgrade Master Guide

Regards,

Abhishek

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 1468349 - SAP Business Suite 7 for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 hub systems.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

As Per SAP Note:1468349 describes System Landscape.

Possible approaches for system landscapes for SAP NetWeaver 7.3 are the following:

Embedded Deployment (a definition is provided in the Planning Guide) continues to work only for SAP NetWeaver 7.0x releases and their Enhancement Packages (this means, for example, for SAP NetWeaver 7.00, SAP NetWeaver 7.01, and SAP NetWeaver 7.02)

Can we connect backend system NW7.01(ABAP) to EP7.3?

Regards,

Pavan

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can connect it. But you need to check whether any add-on installed on your netweaver system is compatible with netweaver 7.3 or not. That you can check from SAP note 1532805.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Still I am confusing, whether can we connect SRM7.0 to EP7.3 or not?

I have seen this note before thatu2019s why i was pointing SRM (ABAP Stack). We are going to Deploy SRM BP on EP7.3 Server side.

From SAPNote: 1532805 SAP SRM 7.0 (Java Applications only, available)

Regards,

Pavan

Edited by: pavan.basis on Oct 10, 2011 7:44 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I doubt if you have read SAP note 1468349 carefully. If you read attachment attached to this note, it shows SRM 7.0 can be connected to Netweaver 7.3 and it has also given different component version related to SRM. Please check it.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Response.

SAP Response on this issue:

SRM 7.0 EHP1 should be compatible with Netweaver 7.02. This version is already released for the customers, and you can get more information in the note:

SRM 7.0 EHP2 will support Netweaver 7.03. However, this version is not yet available for download and we don't have yet a release date for this.

Regards,

Pavan