cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Update ABAP Web Service.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a query regarding to ABAP Web Services.

Following is my scenario.

(1) We have created Web Services from one RFC Enabled Functional Module.

(2) This Web Services is consumed by Dot.Net Application.

(3) Now, Some Changes came into RFC Enable Function Module and we want same will reflect in Web Services.

(4) My question is how to reflect changes from functional module into Existing Web Service?

As a work around, I have created new web services from the same function module, but I want to know whether itu2019s possible to reflect the changes of Function Module in existing Web Service?

Required your valuable Feedback.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi WIL,

If you made change in the logic then no need to update the webservice,

If you made change in import/export parameters ,then you have to regenerate.

Thanks

Jitendra

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Hi,

The FM check does not update the Service definition types and WSDL. For that you need to find the Service definition, enter in Modify mode and Check it.

A1) For finding the Service definition, in se80 you go to Workbench (in top menu) - Objects - Extended options - Enterprise services Tab - Webservice tab and Select the object using the F4.

A2) As an alternative, if you are putting all the webservice in the same software package, just go to Se80, chose Packages, and select that package. Inside theres a folder with all the Service definitions.

B )After finding the service definition using "A1" or "A2" go to Types tab in the service definition you want to update, enter modify Mode and click the Check button. That will check for inconsistency and regenerate the WSDL.

Chrisx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Wil,

did you ever get a response on this? I have the same question about changing a RFC interface.

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris Cameron,

1. just go to se80 after changing the your FM.

2. open the service in EDIT Mode.

3. click on "Check(Ctrl+F2)"

4. It will popup for the new changes in FM.

5. click on yes.

6. Activate the service and u will see ur changes are there.

pls check below thread. see the last reply of "Israel Cisneros".

Thanks

Jitendra Soni

bruno_esperanca
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks so much Jitendra.

Regards,

Bruno