cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Stage for 11G with sapinst

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to skip oracle stage creation by SAPinst, for ECC installation with oracle 11G, how can i do that ? I want to install oracle using nfs mounted common /oracle/stage/112_64 , please let me know if there is any issue with the idea.

Your reply will be appreciated

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Unfortunately i could not find any note which says not to use NFS while Installing Oracle.

I checked the Installation guide for ERP 6.0 EHP5 on Oracle , Unix and i got this point which is written in general

Use one of the following methods to make media available:

Before the installation, copy media manually to local hard disks.

CAUTION

Mount the DVDs locally. We do not recommend you to use Network File System (NFS), because reading from DVDs mounted with NFS might fail.

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abu,

Its not recommended by SAP to install using NFS.Please see the note below from Installation guide.

Mount your Installation Master DVD.

NOTE

Mount the DVD locally. We do not recommend using Network File System (NFS).

Regards,

Ershad Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ershad,

Thanks for your reply, that's for the installation master , do you have any sap note on oracle 11G that it should not be mounted nfs? I have go about 70 SAP systems to install and if i can use nfs mount that will save lot of space save time installing oracle stage.

Again how about If I install the Oracle 11G SW before SAP installation, my question is how do I skip /oracle/stage installation by sapinst ? Or is there any issue if that is doable ?

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Again how about If I install the Oracle 11G SW before SAP installation, my question is how do I skip /oracle/stage installation by sapinst ? Or is there any issue if that is doable ?

sapinst creates the necessary environment for the Oracle installation. If you know what you're doing you can of course install the database before you start sapinst but you may run into problems if certain environments are not set properly.

Also keep in mind that a SAP installation uses a response file as input for the database software installation, you will need to make exactly the same settings (parameters, software selection etc.) to not run into problems.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>> I want to install oracle using nfs mounted common /oracle/stage/112_64 , please let me know if there is any issue with the idea.

If you change the standard installation path, you may face with the trouble at the further steps. I don't recommend you to change it.

Best regards,

Orkun Gedik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Any benefit you get by this idea ?

stage will be for temporary purpose I think, you can remove it later if you have space problems.

Thanks