cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Possible to Create a Role Owner Group in CUP

0 Kudos

Currently has a workflow that has each role owner to approve a role request. Would like to create to have two differenct role owners to have to approve the same role but with these to role owners want to have one of the role owners to have two people were only one of them has to approve. Can this be done in CUP? Hope it makes sense,. Thanks.

Laura Kacal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

OK. Since the group won't work, I am trying to set up two different initators for roles. This does not seem to be picking path 2 at all. It just stays in path 1. Any suggestions?

1.or Z*

not Zaa*

not Zbb*

2. or zaa*

or zbb*

0 Kudos

Is it possible to set up an initiator with the following for roles? What I want is to take all my Z* excluding the NOTs.

OR Z*

Not ZMM.P-*

Not ZSD.P-*

0 Kudos

At our stage level we have configured a role_owner. I know that we can add one or many role owners here and configure to have all or one role owner approval. Currently all our roles have only one role owner. We have some roles that require approval from two different departments. I was wondering if a group could be created and assign this as the role owner of the role and only one the role owners need to approve and add another role owner to the role. This would require both the role owners to approve but within the group only one of the role owners would have to apprve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I think now I understand your challenge, correct me if i'm wrong.

one role, 2 approvers (A, B), both need to approve, but:

Approver A = single user

Approver B = group of users

not possible. you can only setup the approval to be all need to approve or at least one.

I would recommend a 2 stage workflow. 1st stage single user approval, 2st stage group approval (CAD).

good luck.

N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

if you are refering to CUP 5.3, you can define at the Role level as many approvers as you want, and then define at the stage level if the approval needs to be performed by all or only one.

You can also define approvers using the custom approver determinator, and select this approver at the stage level.

good luck.

N