cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC Attachment into the DPF?

0 Kudos

Hi there

We have EIC up and running ECC 6.00 EHP3 and we want to transfer the attachments (General Attachments) automatically to the DPF. We can assign a process to do this, but would prefer if there was any way to add the attachments automatically?

Any help would be great....

Gary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks Guys, that would be brilliant... Exactly what I want

G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

Sorry I was mis understood your question, what jarret said is correct there is no standard functionality for Digital Personnel File , I can share my experience here, we developed functional module (kind of report) which will convert all attachments in eic to PDF then it will transfer into HR master data(DPF)

note : all attachments will convert into 1 PDF file only.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

R

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

How about you share the code of the function module in the forum so that others can benefit from it.

Best Regards,

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret,

Well I am functional guy so I have to chase abaper to provide code(it is for my previous client) once I get then I am happy to share here.

thanks,

R

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Any news on that code at all???

Many huge thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

sorry still I am waiting for code as developer is in malaysia offshore team and now i am in different client so i don't have access to the systems.

As soon I get the code then I will update you.

I guess we spoke over the phone one time i guess 8 months back.

I worked in BCC(customer first)

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

Yes, I remember, you should of said you knew EIC!

The requirement has become realistic now, HR have raised the Change Request.

Within the attachments tab in EIC, they want to be able to check a box, to have the attachments added to the DPF, not all attachments need to be added.

Im thinking, it might be worth while to add the document type to our webrequest and only move the specific documents / attachments!

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

If HR wants to be able to check a box to have the attachment added to the DPF or not then it is custom development to have check box.

But I would prefer you can define document types to web request but even for example if the documents are in PDF but HR will choose which document they want to add or not then check box option (custom development)

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

You mean any attachment come to EIC should convert in to PDF? or attachment in email should transfer to activity automatically?

If second one then it should come in EHP4.

Thanks

R

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gary

There is a nothing standard that I am aware of integrating DPF with EIC. The good news is that the Digital Personnel File utilizes the SAP Records Management System therefore it is technically feasible to link or copy the attachments from the EIC Activity to the Digital Personnel File and we have done this at other clients although I didnt personally do the work.

Good luck.

Jarret