Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro No Longer Working after change to planning area

former_member546949
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I created a new keyfigure for a planning area, deinitialised and reinitialised the planning area and ever since then an existing macro using FORWARD_CALC function has not worked correctly. I have checked all the different parts that are required for the FORWARD_CALC function to work and the input looks fine but the results of the FORWARD_CALC is incorrect. In the end I manually recreated the macro with exactly the same steps and this new macro works correctly. Has anyone seen this happen before? If so is there anthing that can be done?

Regards

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

Yes, I have seen this. It was solved by regenerating the Macros.

//ADVM Select the Macro Book > Select MacroBook > Generate Macros.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member546949
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49 for the response. Tried that and it did not work either. There must be something underlying with the macro which is now causing it not to work. I tried a number of different things to get the macro to work properly but in the end only recreating the macro is giving me the results I was expecting.

Regards

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul,

My personal nature is such that I am usually way too compulsive in trying to determine the root cause of such problems. If I had this issue in one of my systems, I would probably doom myself to spend every free waking moment trying to get to the bottom of this.

However, my advice to you is, since you already have a workable solution, then use it. No-one in your company will remember how hard you worked to arrive at the genuine root cause.

Best Regards & Good Luck,

DB49

Answers (0)