cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make my sales Order for T&M billing bill in hours instead of days?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have this requirement to bill in days for time recorded for employees in hours (Time and material based). Prices have been maintained for the condition in days but on the billing document, billing is still in hours. How can I change this? Activity types used have hrs as the units. Is it possible to time write in days rather than hours?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain UOM as "H" hours for both input and output materials, In KP26 Maintain the planned costs for H= hours and in CAT2 maintain the number of hours per each day.

In DIP customisation ODP1

Characteristics Flag Unit of measure for chareacter relevance and No Summarization

Material determination select X= Transfer costs and Qty.

When DP91 is run system determined costs for hours.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you had already posted a similar question earlier. Did you try out the options in that post?

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The option to use the output field in the activity type didn't yield any result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about using activity types that has UoM as days used in time entry.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I did this, billing document always pulled up zero values since time was written in hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of the thing with using activity type UoM day is you need enter correct no of hours in time entry. Meaning; first check the UoM conversion maintained in your system. For now lets assume it is 1 Day = 8 hrs. So when you do time entry you still need to put in 8. Then only system will calculate activity rate for 1 day as cost. If you put in 1 in CATS, then cost calculation might happen ( X * 1/8), X being your activity rate for a day.

Regards

Sreekanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UoM conversion maintained is 1day to 24 hours and we time write 8hrs a day. How can I change the UoM to 1day = 8hrs? Can I get a tcode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its under SPRO> General Settings (CUNI). Either you can change that conversion or create a new one as, say work day which equates to 8 hr. if it is in your test system, then just chnage the CATS entry to 24 and see it is calculating the correct cost and it is flowing correctly to your customer billing documnet.

Regards

Sreekanth

Edited by: Sreekanth P S on Oct 7, 2011 12:13 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your earlier response. I have created a new UoM but when I try to use this as the unit for my activity type with start date earlier than the date when the UoM was created, I get the error message 'XXX not allowed'. Is there anyway I can back date the UoM created in CUNI so I can use it for dates before it was created?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I ddi not get any message pertaining to creation dates. I am able to change the UoM (add newly created one) in exixting activity type as long as that particular activity type does not have any prior transactional data. If there is any transaction data then system did not let me change the UoM. Check whetehr the message you are getting is a custom message.

Regards

Sreekanth