cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homogeneous System Copy - Export Import of RFC's, ALE, Content Repositories

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Morning,

I have a landscape with a Development and Production Systems with SAP R3 Enterprise 4.70 Ext 110, MaxDB 7.5, HP-UX 11.23. A Homogeneous System Copy is going to be done from Production to Development.

I have a idea to be able to recover the RFC's, ALE and Content Repositories Information after the Copy, which is to create a transport order with the structures which contain data for the RFC's definition, the ALE configurations and definitions and the Content Repositories configurations and definitions in Development and after the copy, transport the orders back to Development. The problem is that i don't know which structures should i use, and if my idea is viable?

For example, if i go to transaction oac0 and look at the content repositories and if i look at the Technical Information, i can see that the fileds with data are from Structure SCMS_SCREP, but my question is, inserting thsi structure in a transport order to import after the copy willbe enough? Aren't there more structures i need to insert in a transport order? And for RFCs and ALE?

Can anyone help me on this matter please?

Kind Regards,

Pedro Gaspar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the target system is being refreshed then first secure any information that you may require.

1) Backup user master and authorization data from each client where this data needs to be retained.

Use transaction SCC8 to export this data. Select profile SAP_USER and specify target system = TARGET_SID.

2) Backup RFC tables to restore destinations afterwards.

the only below tables required to take backup.

Call SE01 and create a new request of type = ""Transport of Copies"" with description = ""Export RFC destination tables prior to system refresh"".Make sure to specify a Target for the request or no data file will be created.

RFCATTRIB

RFCCHECK

RFCDES

RFCDESSECU

RFCDOC

3) ALE / Partner profiles.

Call WE20 and select each partner profile.

Follow menu path ""Partners --> Check"" and obtain a list of tables used.

The only tables listed were the ones listed below.

These tables are client-dependant therefore you will have to logon to each client and call SE01 and create a new request of type = ""Transport of Copies"

EDPP1

EDP13

EDP21

Also document the WE21 --> Ports --> Transactional RFC" section.

Run transaction BD64 and document each configured distribution model. This information is client-dependent so make sure to record values for each required client. and also record RFC destinations for synchronous method calls in BD97.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pedro,

generally this is possible, but exporting the structure won't help. For RFC-Destinations i always export the following tables with database tools and reimport them after the copy:

RFCTRUST

RFCSYSACL

RFCSTXTAB

RFCLIST

RFCGO

RFCDESSECU

RFCDES

RFCCMC

RFCCHECK

RFCATTRIB

For ALE it is better to redistribute the model view from your ALE Master.

I also export users and authorizations via transaction SCC8 and reimport the according transport request after the copy.

For the CRs i don't know sorry.

regards

Christian