cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI installation: what Support Packages are required?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

what Support Package and which Level does the ECC 6.0 need for using PI ? Are there any EhP's required?

Thanks in advance,

Tan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
what Support Package and which Level does the ECC 6.0 need for using PI ?

I am highly doubtful if there is any such restriction on ECC end...as long as ECC is able to generate IDOC/ RFC/ PROXY/ BAPI and send out, communication between ECC and PI should be possible

Are there any EhP's required?

no.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I'm doubtful like you, some times ago, i've looked for some documentations about this argument, but i don't found anything on standard document.

I agree in what you said above, considering the purpose of Middleware Systems... I think that any Sap ECC should be usable with all protocols that the System is capable to handle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the answers. Helped me much.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tan,

SAP recommends always PI should be in top and having higher release in the landscape.

Now currently we have SAP NW PI 7.3.

So, we can have ECC 6/EHP 5

It is mandatory to have a dedicated PI system. (DEV, QAS & PRD) For PI, it is a prerequisite that no other system in your system landscape has a higher release than the PI system. See SAP Note 1043047.

Refer:

For example, SAP XI 3.0 is compatible with SAP NetWeaver 6.40 and 7.0 application systems since the same XI protocol is

used. Apart from these exceptions, if you want to upgrade or install an application in your system

landscape, you first have to make sure that the PI system is on the same release level. If required,

you have to upgrade the PI system first to the new or a higher release.

Hope this helps

cheers,

Vignesh Rajendran