cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update multiple infortypes using P&F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need help in updating multiple Infotypes (0007 & 2003) using adobe forms and HCM P&F. I need to update just one infotype depends on the fields populated by the user. Below are the problems I'm facing...

1. I was able to save in infotype 7 (SAP_PA) when I remove the operation of SAP_PT but when I change It's operation to "CREATE" I'm getting error "Exception condition "INFTY_NOT_FOUND" raised" upon clicking on check and send.

2. When I try to save infotype 2003 this error appeared "Field SCHKZ of operation GET_SELECT_WS in generic service SAP_PT is not populated"

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to use custom task for the infotype updates. As you were trying to create either of the infotype records, i think it's not possible with the standard operations.

Thanks,

VR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi VR,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please elaborate about the custom task you are referring to? Can you please give some examples?

Thanks!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved..

Here's what I did..

-I placed the custom service at the top of the process..like below. Because before, the custom service is at the last of the process.

before:

1 SAP_PA

2 SAP_PT

3 Z****

now:

1 Z****

2 SAP_PA

3 SAP_PT

Thanks to Chris Solomon's blog that I noticed this..

http://loktevsergey.ru/sap_news/index.php?NEWS_ID=305

-Made sure that there are "NO" unwanted field that is populated. Meaning..If I need to save in infotype 7, no fields of 2003 has a value. Because I have read in a SAP Documentation that a process is triggered if even one field has a value. unfortunately I lost the link for that HCM Documentation.

Didn't knew that it was that simple..Hope what I did would help those that have the same problem.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad you got it working and thanks for posting "how" you did it for others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..coz I know how hard it is to find a good answer for this question. It took me almost 3 weeks in total R&D to figure this thing since I started from scratch with P&F.

Additional to the answer above,

Since I'm trying to save in 2 different infotypes and not in both, I used rules that can also be created in HCMPF, under OTHER ATTRIBUTES folder and put them in the corresponding back-end operation. What I did with the rules is simple..

for IT0007:

Work schedule rule 0007 <> ''

for IT2003:

Substitution Type = '14'

REASON: I would not have any conflict regarding those conditions (atleast I'm not seeing any conflict upto now) since for Infotype 0007 I'm only using Work Schedule rule (SCHKZ) and not Substitution Type (VTART) and vice versa. So if I pass IT2003 it will not see Substitution Type = '14' thus ignoring the operation for 2003 and Vice versa.

I hope this additional info would help.

0 Kudos

Create a Generic Service to your process and update the infotypes in it.

Thanks,

Vijetha.