Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher - Enterprise Portal - SRM Problem

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use a Web Dispatcher to give people access to some SAP Systems from outside of our network.

SAP Web Dispatcher

relno 7200 / patchlevel 0 /patchno 107

Now there is a problem with the SRM integration of a Enterprise Portal (7.01). I will try to describe the problem.

via Portal:

1. Login

2. Choose "Procurement"

3. Choose "Shopping"

4. A new window open with a tabulated summary of the cost centers

5. Choose a "cost center" by clicking the number (hyperlink)

6. the shopping process start with step 1 of 4 (choose product or service)

7. ...

via Web Dispatcher

1. Login

2. Choose "Procurement"

3. Choose "Shopping"

4. A new window open with a tabulated summary of the cost centers

5. here stops the process. no hyperlink works. they are all blue and underlined and the mouse cursor change to a hand but nothing happend.

Can someone help with a little hint?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

> 2. Choose "Procurement"

> 3. Choose "Shopping"

Pl. contact your basis team who should be able to identify the issue.

- Can you please try any other options under Shopping just in case this view requires authentication and your WD is not configured properly for HTTP(S) --> HTTP(S) connection forwarding.

- Also, can you have them enable server & client logging on both the servers to find out the exact URL that is being invoked and any other error.

This seems to be something related to authentication & access, in first glance and I'd start from there.

BR,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Since the application is accessible from Portal, there seems to be no issue on application functionality.

While trying to access SRM app via Web dispatcher, check if the page is being redirected after executing step 4.

Possibly, the new URL is not allowed access from web dispatcher. You might also want to check if the page is being blocked by a Firewall rule.

You might need to involve your network team and work with them to resolve this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Varun

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

While trying to access SRM app via Web dispatcher, check if the page is being redirected after executing step 4.

How can I check this? There is no address bar and no left mouse click.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may try tracing the URL/redirected page with the help of your network team or with tools like HTTPWatch or Fiddler.

Since you are able to access the page via Portal,I think we can rule out authentication problem.

The only thing i can think of are network related settings, probably a proxy setting or a firewall rule.

Regards,

Varun