cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on Receiver FCC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have some queries regarding the receiver FCC configurations .

1. We use the append option to append the data into a single file. Is it possible to add time stamp or message id to the file name?

2. The final appended file content is as follows

HDR;PRD;3.1;;;

Customer1;1234;PRD;;;;

HDR;PRD;3.1;;;

Customer2;4587;PRD;;;;

HDR;PRD;3.1;;;

Customer3;75698;PRD;;;;

HDR;PRD;3.1;;;

Customer4;14523;PRD;;;;

Since the header data is common for the entire customers, we are planning to ignore the header data from the second file onwards. i.e the output should be as below:

HDR;PRD;3.1;;;

Customer1;1234;PRD;;;;

Customer2;4587;PRD;;;;

Customer3;75698;PRD;;;;

Customer4;14523;PRD;;;;

Kindly let us know your suggestion on this.

Thanks

Suganya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunganya ,

By using Varible substitution you can get the message id ( var1 --> message : message_id )

File Name parameter must be %var1%.extension.

If you want the timestamp then you have to create Simple UDF in that using Calendar class get the current date and time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Thanks for the response.

If I am not wrong, should we use the UDF(to generate date and time) in the root node of the target structure?

Thnks

Suganya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Write an UDF Using ASMA properties(Filename) and Calender class(Date and Time) and map that to Rootnode of your target Structure ..

Its works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.I will try it.

Can you suggest for the point 2?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 2nd Point i think your Approach works.

Send the First file and Before Sending the Second File change the ContentConversion parameters recordSet.ignore as true ..

Hope it works

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Append mode will work if the file name is same - "add time stamp or message id" may not work as this will be unique for each message.

You may have to go for - something like Day or batch job or someother content from the message whihc will make the file name unique to make the append work.

On the second issue... I not sure if you have an option to make the header optional based on the 1st message and second message. You have to search for some other option.

cheers,

Sunil.