cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System refresh -- Export content of secure store ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We often perform system refreshes. To run this process smoothly we use database copy (copy over the datafiles files then recover the db).

We export several tables from the refreshed system before the DB copy. After the refresh we reimport them, this makes the sap level post processing lighter.

I would like to export the content of the secure store (tx secstore) then re impot it also. Has anyone already performed this ?

Thanks & krs,

aidan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am wondering if you understand what i am trying to do.

Krs,

aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want to export/import Secstore data then I guess you need to export/import these tables too.

RSECTAB

RSECACHK

RSECACTB

Regards,

Syed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Very helpfull answer !!

I will try this out on the next refresh. And will update this thread.

Krs,

aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

So did the table export work for your refresh?

ricardocarrega_filho
Participant
0 Kudos

James, I've tried that and it did not work for me.

Aidan, did you ever get it working? I'm wondering what tables I need to consider in order to correctly export / import the secstore table entries.

Regards,

Ricardo

isaias_freitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

This thread is 4 years old... maybe creating a new thread would be better?

Anyway, read the SAP KBA 1789377.

I do not believe that you need to export/import any table.

Regards,

Isaías

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aidan,

Check the following note on this

816861 - Migrating entries in the secure storage

Hope it helps,

Br,

Javier

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need not to do that. You can simply get a migration key from service.sap.com and use that key on secsotre to get it fixed.

Thanks

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a refresh and i don't i want to keep the passwords of the source system. I want to export them from the target and re import them afterwards.

Practical example ==> i refresh TRQ from TRP DB. Doing this i have on TRQ the secstore of TRP which holds (amongst others) the passwords of the RFCs of TRP. But since i need reimport the RFCs of TRQ from before the refresh, i need to have the secstore of TRQ.

Using a migration key is handy for migration ==> when your system changes SID or hardware key, ... But here this isn't my case. I don't need to restore the sectore of TRP on the TRQ, since the passwords are not the same nor valid.

Do you udnerstand ?

Thanks for your answer.

aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The data stored in the secure storage are encrypted with a key that includes the installation number and the system ID. If any of these changes, for example due to a system copy or a new license key, the data in the secure storage must be migrated. For information on migrating the secure storage data, see SAP Note 816861.

Please refer specified notes:

If you get a short dump CREATE_OBJECT_CLASS_NOT_FOUND then see SAP note 1053954.

If any "System dependant data for entryu2026" errors are reported then see note 816861

I hope it will help you.If not please let me know.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. But what you are saying isn't exactly my question. I'll try to explain clearly.

I understand that to migrate the content of the securestore you need a migration key. When you do this, you make the content of the securestore readable again on another system.

But here, in my case i don't want to be be able to read the content of the securestore, because that content is from the other system. And is therefore not appropritate.

My question is, is it possible to save the content of the securestore in order to be able to reimport it into the system to use it ?

Krs,

aidan