cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

none of the users can logon through SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I got a question about this situation: none of the users can logon through SAPGUI while system looks fine from sapmmc.

What's the possible reasons of this performance issue?

Please let me know if you have any advices.

Thanks and Regards,

Jason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jason,

Do the users receive any error message?

First of all I would try reinstalling the SAPGUI (If possible installing the lates SAPGUI version).

Kind regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

Thank you for your answer.

Actually it's a test question about ABAP performance. So the SAPGUI should be fine and logon is just hang from user's side.

One answer to this question is like: all dialog workprocess were occupied.

So the question is about other possible reasons which could cause such issue.

Regards,

Jason

former_member184548
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Possible reasons :

1. Archiver stuck

2. No free extended memory

3. If you have small size of redo log size (oracle) and only one set of redo logs and if one long running query is being executed.

Regards

Atuk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blanca,

>

> Thank you for your answer.

> Actually it's a test question about ABAP performance. So the SAPGUI should be fine and logon is just hang from user's side.

>

> One answer to this question is like: all dialog workprocess were occupied.

> So the question is about other possible reasons which could cause such issue.

>

>

> Regards,

> Jason

Jason

There can be couple of reason for all the dialog work process to be occupied. Some of the reason are

1. System has not been configured to handle enough dialog users

2. Load balancing has not been configured correctly and all users are directed to one app server.

3. SAPLOGON pad configuration of all user is pointing users only to one app server

4. RFC user/s are occupying all the work process as no limit has been set in RZ12. This typically happens with transactional

RFC calls.(This is most likely the cause SAP has some good parametrs to limit RFC users from occupying dialog processes)

To your first question about user not been able to login there can be couple of reason

1. Network issue (If its impacting many users/ Users in one region)

2. Archive is full

3. Things I listed above

Cheers !

Manish Jain

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

When users are unable to logon to SAP system through SAP GUI.

We have to logon to OS level and need to perform the below specified tasks.

1) First we need to check the status of WP using DPMON.

2) File system is full or not ( Usr/sap/SID and Oraarch )

3) Database is open or not.

4) Check DB to application connectivity.

5) in DB check the table spaces status.

In the above any one option fails also your unable to access the system.

If still facing the issue need to check with network team.

I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1. Database log is full

2. All DIA WP are busy

Regards,

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

There are many possible causes and lacking any specific information (like: do they get an error message, do they simply see the hourglass or does nothing happen at all) any answer would be pure conjecture. What I can say is that the first place to go to in a situation like this are the process traces, specifically that of the dispatcher (dev_disp) and that of the DIA work processes (dev_w#). Running dpmon to check for all DIA processes busy as another respondent suggested is also a good idea.

Regards,

Mark

rajesh_kumar71
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

First of all the issue is not clear as per your reply above the SAP system is fine as monitored from MMC as this was the case ,the problem was with the SAP GUI and have to check in end users system the version they are using ? and also have to check the OS the end users using , check Service market place for the compatibility and available GUI versions .

Checking the system in MMC console as well as kindly check the work process status using the DPmon .

Regards,

Rajeshkumar S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from the reasons mentioned above, it could be due to all DIA WPs are occupied. You can check at OS level with

dpmon pf=<instance profile>

Regards,

Mudasir H Syed