cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to upload data / Attribute in EXCEL File in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We had used FM BBP_UPDATE_ATTRIBUTE to upload Storage Location( LAG) attribute in SRM ORG Structure and other data in other case ...... Currently we arranged to upload the .TXT file.

But we want to upload from MS EXCEL File.

Can anyone please suggest, which FM we can need to use to upload data from MS EXCEL File.

Thnaks

NAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Can anyone please suggest me on this .....

Thnaks

NAP

former_member184111
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narenrda,

Normally in ECC we can use the FM "ALSM_EXCEL_TO_INTERNAL_TABLE" to convert excel to internal table but this FM is not there in SRM 7.0 .

I copied the above mentioned FM along with global data and includes of the function group from ECC and it works fine in SRM.

You can use the FM "BBPU_FILENAME_HELP" to show an F4 help for the input field for selecting a file from desktop.

Thanks,

Anubhav

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

as you talked about Excel file, I guess you could also save in .csv format (Comma Separated Values).

If that's the case - which should be straightforward in Excel - then you could proceed as follows:

- upload the file via GUI_UPLOAD function module into an internal table of strings (say, each row of this table is a Char of lenght 1000);

- split each row of this itab into your corresponding fields in a table which has the format of your expected import structure.

Hope it's clear, in case of doubt feel free to ask,

My 2 cents,

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks 10 Points .

Answers (0)