cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass image from webdynpro app through context nodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just wondering is there any way I can pass dynamically images from my WDA app to my interactive form through an XML interface?

I can upload my images into the MIME repository during design time, can I get the XSTRINGs of these, bind it to a context attribute then use the XML interface into the Interactive Form and have it bind that into an image field ? (do I need to convert XSTRINGs into base64 encoded formats?)

Sorry I'm a bit confused, a lot of the blogs I've seen all use ABAP dictionary based interfaces, is this the only way you can pass graphics from WDA into an Adobe Form dynamically?

Also, what do we need to do to pass values from our WDA context into an ABAP dictionary interface form?

Edited by: Danny Yee on Oct 7, 2011 10:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

If you use file upload UI element in webdynpro, it will store the file in xstring format. Am not sure about images, but i think it will upload images also.

what do you mean by ABAP dictionary interface form? is it adobe form? if yes, then in your case quite simple.

first use upload ui element then read the xstring attribute value then try to bind the same value to datasource property of adobe interactive form.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

umm sorry I might have been unclear.....

I'm not sure why I'd have to use a FileUpload UI though since I'm not trying to provide an upload functionality for end users to upload photos?

I'm just wondering if I can create an xstring context attribute and have that pass through to my adobe form and it can display the image? I have been using XML interface for my form, if I define an ABAP dictionary interface for my adobe form, how does it integrate with WDA? (the help docs are a bit light on that).

How do I get my WDA context nodes to map and pass to my ABAP dictionary interface in my form?

Former Member
0 Kudos

nevermind..... found a good forum post that seems to describe what I was trying to do in the other adobe forums!