cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of STMS in new server

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently I'm configuring the STMS for new server. This is to replace the current development server. I would like to know is there any way I can import all the transport request, including those that are not yet release to the new server? If the old request number is not imported, then all the current program in progress will need to be redo by ABAPer, so is there any solution to this problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The best way would have been to refresh the new DEV system from a latest online/offline backup of the old DEv system. This way there would be only the delta development (between the time of refresh and current time) which need to be imported into the new DEVsystem.

As temporary measure, you could create a virtual system and release transports on old DEV system - storing these as data and co-files to be later imported into the new DEV system. I do not think un-released transport can however be moved. Better to finish these before moving onto the new DEV system.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

May I know how to configure the virtual system? The system should follow the current settings of the production server or development server? I had actually tried to add the transport number manually in the testing server. However, when I need to transport within the server but different client, it will show me the error "No valid system specified(XXX)" and will show the lorry icon without any changes. However, when I copy the transport request to SCC1 and execute immediately, the configuration in the transport request is taking place when I check the system. So, I would like to know how to make the transport works?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create virtual system on the current DEV system (domain controller) using links:

http://www.saptechies.com/stms-in-single-system-by-using-virtual-system/

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_smehp1/helpdata/en/44/b4a0db7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm

After this provide this system as the target system for the transports in old DEV system. Once you release these TRs, the data and cofiles for the particular transport is stored in the DIR_TRANS path data/cofiles.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member1326975
Participant
0 Kudos

I already created the virtual system for the current development server. Since this system already exist, I tried to go to SAP Systems -> Approve, this option is disable. How should I proceed?