cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to IDOC and Control record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am doing SOAP to IDOC scenario and we are using XSLT mapping in our scenario. In the mapping we dont want to hard code any IDOC control record values..can some one explain how to proceed with this. We tried the following scenarios.

1) We hard coded the control record values and we didnt set the "Apply control record values from check box" in the receiver

IDOC adapter, but still the IDOC gets posted with out any isses.

we tried to get the values dynamically so we set the Logicical system names in the sender and receiver business systems and i disabled EDI_DC40 node, after i did this there is no EDI_DC40 segment in the IDOC message and i get error in SXMB_MONI that "Error: Copy Sender from Payload: Sender Is Missing in Payload" . We havent set any check box in the receiver communication channel, and i was assuming that this segment should automatically be populated by the adapter, but that is not happening.

Can some one guide as to how we can fill the control record with out hard cording the values in the mapping.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can acheive this by using header mapping...

In receiver agreement, give the sender business system as PI business system..So, all the values like logical system,sender port,receiver port everything will be filled dynamically.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Sunitha. I will try and update the thread. But from the forum if we disable the EDI_DC40 and dont check the "apply control record from payload" it is supposed to get the values right .what is missing in my case. i am not even seeing the EDI_ED40 node in the output if i go to sxbm_moni. can you through some light as to why this is happening.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj,

This happened, as you disabled the EDI_DC40 node it did not create that node in XML payload due to which IDoc adapter failed to parse the xml file and due to this it might have thrown the error. Also, When you do not check the check-box of applying control records from payload you need to tell PI about those control records in someway and that is done in Header mapping.

hope it clears your doubt.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

Is header mapping mandatory if we dont want to get the details from payload. As per SDN if we dont check populate control record from payload check bod . The sender and receiver details will be populated automatically ..is that not true. Please refer to the link below. Please help me understand this.

[|]