cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM Pick Strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a business req , which demands a custom strategy.

Actually we manage our inventory as FEFO (First Ended, First Out) and we establish a customizing strategy to determinate stock removal into the procedure for processing transfer orders that made the system take the inventory from three storage type from many we have into our warehouse but it makes one by one. This is not a guarantee to follow the FEFO method. We need to consider our warehouse as a global one to select the FEFO batch but we need to restrict the searching just to three storge type.

Can anybody please suggest some userxit and required configuration to make this happen?

Regards,

Juan

Edited by: JCFERIA on Oct 7, 2011 3:02 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JCFERIA,

You can have the stringent FIFO for multiple storage type and exclude one storage type as required by following the config step i mentioned earlier

This can be done in config OMM8.

There you will have the option "exclusion of storage types from Stringent FIFO". Have the "no stringent FIFO indicator" for the storage type other then the three you mentioned.

if i understand you correctly this is your requirement.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your requirement is ti follow FIFO in only the three storage types, this can be handled without an exit.

You can use Stringent FIFO. You also need to exclude all other storage type from STringent FIFO. This can be done in config OMM8. There you will have the option "exclusion of storage types from Stringent FIFO". Have the "no stringent FIFO indicator" for all the storage type other then the three you mentioned.

Then have the Stringent FIFO "***" in your storage type search table for stock removal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sap: IN and Sandeepang for your answers.

As a mention by SAP: IN, we have determined the stock removal strategy as a"Shelf life and stock removal" for 4 storage type and also have batch managed. We are using strategy Stringent FIFO for the searches the stock in all the storage type based on FIFO as was mention by Sandeepang .

We are looking to use the Stringent FIFO "***" in our storage type search table for stock removal because we need that the system search through the entire warehouse number for stock but excluding one of the storage type. We need that the system search just the three storage type we need it as if they were one storage

I will appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a mention by SAP: IN, we have determined the stock removal strategy as a"Shelf life and stock removal" for 4 storage type and also have batch managed. We are using strategy Stringent FIFO for the searches the stock in all the storage type based on FIFO as was mention by Sandeepang .

We are looking to use the Stringent FIFO "***" in our storage type search table for stock removal because we need that the system search through the entire warehouse number for stock but excluding one of the storage type. We need that the system search just the three storage type we need it as if they were one storage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not clear with the term first ended and I assume that the material has a expiry date and also batch managed.

so for this the suitable stock removal strategy is Shelf life expriry stock removal and as you mentioned that there are 3 storage types in which the system should check the stock for that material with batch then it means you also need to make use of the concept of stock removal strategy Stringent FIFO as per whcih system searches the stock in all the storage type based on FIFO.

So you need to club 2 strategies shelf life and stringent FIFO.

you can devlope the code for it use tcode OMK2 for same.