cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI SAP query connector for VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use the BI integration wizard in VC. For that i have created BI XMLA connector system. I need help is creating BI SAP query connector system. I have done the necessary steps as mentioned in help.sap.com on the Visual administrator and also created the system in the System landscape for the Portal. But when i do a connection test it says check the connection properties.

Also i want to know if this system would be an R/3 system or a BW system cos when i checked the intergration wizard and selected the BI SAP query connector system it gave an option of selecting the tables.

Regards,

Aamod.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moyalynne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Aamod;

it seems like you already have your BI SAP Query system working properly, if you can use it in the BI Integration Wizard. what's the problem you're seeing in VC?

systems created with the BI SAP Query Connector are relational systems and therefore expose tables and fields in VC. via the BI Connector, these systems are 'lent' BI functionality and you can use these tables in the BI Integration Wizard, as you've seen. you might therefore call these "relational BI systems" (just like systems created with the BI JDBC Connector are).

if you have consulted the System Landscape documentation on configuring properties for a BI SAP Query System (<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4b/9afe3323d14005a283dee9101c66fc/frameset.htm">here</a>) and you're still having problems connecting with the BI SAP Query Connector, i'd suggest you write up a CSS message.

hope it helps;

-m