cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uniform look and feel in Portal as well as Browser with Internal ITS!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are running SRM 4.0 on WAS 6.40 on an Internal ITS.

I have struggled a bit in how to change CSS but have now found that I can change the file /sap/public/bc/its/mimes/bbpglobal/99/style/ebpapplication.css that I find under the MIME folder of Internet service BBPGLOBAL.

So I do the change in SE80 and the style sheet and then Publish on "All defined sites". If I call the ITS directly from the browser then the style sheet changes have an impact. But if I browse into the SRM through the Portal, then the change did not have an impact.

How do I do to make the change to impact the style through the portal as well?

(I have tried using the ITS Theme Generator without success)

Also ,is it that with Internal ITS and EP,ITS theme Generator cannot be used?(THEME GENERATOR to be used only with External ITS and EP)?

Thanks in advance.

Disha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disha,

I am in the same situation as you were. Did you find any solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Kiran

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

when you are in the portal environment, please check the html source code of the BBPGLOBAL application.

In the html source code there should be lines starting with

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="

Please provide these lines in this thread.

Best regards

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henning,

It's <LINK REL=stylesheet HREF="/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/portal/customer/mydefaulttheme/glbl/glbl_ie6.css?6.0.16.0.1>

There are about 5 or 6 occurrences of this tag. Apparently, it's using our custom theme, but no reference to ITS here.

Thanks,

Kiran

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Please check if you have viewed the source code of the IView in which the ITS session is embedded. The line you provided doesn't look ITS specific. I guess it is a stylesheet of the portal framework that is not active inside of the IView where the ITS session is embedded.

Best regards,

Henning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Henning,

You are right. I picked up source by menu View -> View Source.

Here's the one of the four occurrences from the source of the ITS iView:

<link REL="stylesheet" HREF="http://<host>:<port>/irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/its/designs/customer/mydefaulttheme/webgui/wa/webgui/style/generator.css" TYPE="text/css">

Other 3 references to "<link.." have HREF pointing to

1) .../irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/its/designs/customer/mydefaulttheme/webgui/wa/webgui/style/msiexplorer/d_generator.css

2).../irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/its/designs/customer/mydefaulttheme/webgui/wa/scrindp/style/screenindependent.css

3) ../irj/portalapps/com.sap.portal.design.portaldesigndata/themes/its/designs/customer/mydefaulttheme/webgui/wa/scrindp/style/msiexplorer/screenindependent.css

I hope I picked up correct lines this time.

Thanks,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

More information on this.

Set Up: EP 6 sp16, ITS 4.6D, R/3 4.6C

I tried using ITS Theme Genetator in EP, but nothing happens after I hit generate button. No error and no success message. Also, I don't know why the ITS Theme Generator doesn't provide options to change the background color, font etc. It only provides options to edit buttons and other UI elements. If I want to change the background color, fonts, etc where do I do it?

Thanks,

Kiran

former_member185704
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well,

Since you have modified the ebpapplication.css file of service bbpglobal it would be interesting if this file ebpapplication.css is used when the service is executed within the IVIew of the portal.

What is the exact path to ebpapplication.css when the service is executed within the IView of the portal? Is a css-file called ebpapplication.css loaded anyway?

Best regards

Henning