cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure SC dependencies in SLD (while creating DCs)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have gone through some pdf but still i am not clear how and why DCs are used.... what is advantages of using DCs?

I am trying to work on DCs(Development Components)... i have gone through one PDFs... In that first they have created product and software component... and they define SC dependencies after that they define a track....

after finishing this configuration they have created the development components(DCs) in NWDS....

Is it neccessary to created product and software component and all... if its yes please tell me why?.....

I have created Products and Software components but i dont know how to create Dependencies and how to defice track....

So please give me a clear picture on DCs......

please help me

Thanks & Regards

Ravi Shankar B

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you want to create DC there is no need to create software component and product , DC itself is a indepenedent container. DC is used to share different DC's

example:

dc1 -> go to your componect -> click add to public part (by addition your dc to public part it becomes available)

dc2-> dcmetadata -> used dc's ->right click -> add used dc's

in dc2 you will get all reference to all the compoenent for which u have done public part

Hope it is becomes clear to you now.

Regards,

Hemant