cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV WebDynpro Hierarchy -Setting non-numeric values in the header level row

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

When setting up an ALV table as a table hierarchy the standard ALV settings only seem to allow for numeric values to be displayed in the higher hierarchy levels. Is there a way to also set the values for some non-numeric columns into these higher-level rows - programmatically or through the ALV Settings?

Example: I have delivery item level data in my context and the delivery number as a hierarchy column. Some columns in my context however actually come from the delivery header e.g. delivery block, delivery priority, ship-to etc and I would like to display these in the collapsed header rows of the delivery number.

It seems obvious to me that this should be doable otherwise if you are looking at at a list of hundreds of deliveries and all you see besides the delivery number is numeric data such as sums & totals, it's kind of hard to know which delivery you might want to expand the sub-level for.

Please help,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even we have faced the same issue.

In ALV hierarchy, we cannot display data at header items/levels. this is a constraint in ALV. You can achieve the same usign TABLE UI element.