cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC issues after upgrade of support pack stack 9, SAP_HR 38

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the upgrade of support pack stack 9 for EHP4 , we are getting error with the EIC application, I can load the initial page without issue, but when I click on any link I get an error on the web page:

Message: 'frames[...].document.body' is null or not an object

Line: 113

Char: 3

Our backend is ECC6 EHP4 SPS9 and are SAP_HR is patch 38 for 604 and WEBCUIF is 7.0 patch9.

EIC is working fine on version SPS7 and SAP_HR patch 26.

If you have any suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks

JS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

did you check that all services related to EIC are active?

Thanks,

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, all service are activated. The initial page as not issue, it is when i try to access any other links i.e. search employee, i get an error on page.

Thanks.

Jean

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

Can you post details error msg. if possible.

thanks,

R

Former Member
0 Kudos

**HTTP watch result:

:**+ 2.562 ! 0.020 2843 510 POST 403 html http://server.domain:<port>/sap(blabla)/bc/bsp/sap/hreic_vp/default.do

The request returned a HTTP status code failure or caused an internal browser error. Failing requests may prevent a web page functioning correctly and cause performance problems

-

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022)

Timestamp: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 15:22:34 UTC

Message: 'frames[...].document.body' is null or not an object

Line: 113

Char: 3

Code: 0

URI: http://server.domain:<port>/sap(blabla)/bc/bsp/sap/hreic_vp/default.do

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean

I would try on Internet Explorer as EIC is not supported on FireFox.

Thanks,

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only have IE installed on my workstation. version 8.o.6001.

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is interesting as I noticed "User Agent: Mozilla/4.0" in the error message. On a side note I would also try a machine with IE 7.0 just to rule that out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Same issue on IE6, I have other system that have not been upgraded and they are working fine with IE8.

This issue occurs after the support pack installation.

Thanks

JS

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jean

You should enter a customer message for this issue.

Thanks,

Jarret

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I do that.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean,

On other side please check all SAP functional modules, recently we had issue that we can't even open front page and after investigation we found standard SAP FM missing don't know yet how it got missed(I think recently we had some support pack update may be it casued) but worth to check all.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member264053
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are also facing similar issue and wanted to see if you have an update to resolve this issue.

Our backend is EHp4 SP9 along with HR components on SP40 & webcuif on 7.00SP9. We have an open message with SAP and awaiting for response in the interim. Please let us know if anyone has anya dditional details to resolve this Issue.

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also waiting for SAP to respond, hopefully they will raise the priority to high.

JS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have applied this OSS note 1557618 and it as fix our issue.

JS