Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block the ATP Stock for non-ATP checked items in BOP

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello GATP Experts,

We have a strange and interesting scenario here with STOs. Let me explain step by step

1) We don't do ATP check for STOs and hence a Z-check mode has been designed and it will be considered for STO documents

2) Now, let us consider a situation where I have a stock of 100 CS for Material M1 at Plant P1.

3) Let's say, a STO document gets created at 09:00AM in the morning with requested quantity 50 and as it doesn't do ATP check this will be fully confirmed

and consumes 50CS of the stock.

4) So, the net cumulative quantity that is available is 50CS.

5) At 11:00AM,let us say; there is a sales order that was created for a quantity of 100 CS. As the sales document does the ATP check it consumes the only available 50 CS and gets saved with partial confirmaiton situation.

Now, at 12:00 PM - We are running the BOP. When we run the BOP ; what standard SAP does is STO document (as per our business scenario, STOs has higheest priority and they fall on top of the list) gets skipped due to non-ATP check mode and full stock is allocated to the sales order which makes no sense to us which leads to over confirmation situation.

We thought of exluding the STOs from BOP ; however - we end up in not re-scheduling the STO documents which would result in requiring a separate BOP to be run for the STO documents.

FYI - We have contacted SAP and they have confirmed that the above mentioned behavior of the BOP is as designed and it cannot be changed.

Is there any alternative solution for this ? Appreciate your valuable ideas.

Thanks

Babu Kilari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no solution for this one. However, we excluded the STOs from BOP for the time being to get rid of this issue. I am not sure if SAP AG had covered this in the SCM 7.0 SP3

Thanks

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu

Not from experience but see if it is possible to use the same checking rule for sales order and STO. if you can, then set the flag "fixed date and qty". to the checking rule in img. STO checking rule img does not have the fixed date and qty indicator even in the latest version I am using. Re-import the ATP customizing to APO and check what happens. You can now try assigning a higher delivery priority to STO's and see if STO confirmations are protected

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

You might have already considered this. pardon if this sounds dumb.

see if you can pass STO's as a receipt in the scope of check for STO's. I presume it is requirement element in your case for ATP checking rule for STO's. Don't include these STO's in sales order checking rules.

This may result in inconsistent ATP logic though. Alternately try creating a Z category for STO and call it a receipt. include this also in the scope of check for STO's.

Try running BOP and see what happens. BOP on its own is not a gurantee that a requirement is always confirmed over another, whatever be the sorting criteria. If there isnt enough stuff, the system has its own internal logic of sorting too which probably treats priority by time of creation of the requirement.

Publish if you meet any success. These ideas are just based on my fancies

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh sorry I see you mentioned you dont do ATP check for STOs. My suggestion holds. Try doing the check and ensure its confirmation protection by using check element creatively as mentioned above. viz create a Z ATP category for STO with category type as receipt and map it appropriate MRP requirement element and include this in the scope of check for STO's only. What this means is STO is both a receipt and a requirement for STO check rule so it should always get a confirmation. As I said I am not really sure. This is just my intuition.