Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem SAP 7.2 Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Could you help me ?

I am currently migrating SAP GUI 7.2 and I see a big problem.

The installation package to install version 7.1 ==> 7.2,

in 50% of cases, poorly installed SAP:

- Delete icon and application disappeared.

- Bug display at the opening, and application unusable.

Requires the uninstall and reinstall.

Help me

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexis,

the link should be working again now, ( I checked a few minutes ago).

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with the migration saplogon.ini

we deploy a new version of saplogon.ini with the list of our new server.

But on some PC, reboot the saplogon.ini returns as before with the old list server.

Forced to change the environment variable saplogon_ini ==> c: \ Winodws with c: \ to keep the new saplogon.ini.

you have an idea, can you help?

thank you

Cordially

Alex

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexis,

Refer to the attached note below:

[SAP Logon (Pad) 7.20: configuration (ini) files' storage|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1409494]

regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jude,

I take a look now!

Thx

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arf,

Need LG and PWD

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

obliged to replace the file by hand saplogon.ini after each reboot, since crushed by the former every time.

One copy of the new saplogon.ini manual for a list of new servers, it works fine, but when you reboot the PC, the saplogon.ini is the old, one is forced to copy the new saplogon.ini in c: \ is to change the variable saplogon_ini in c: \ or another so that the file does not overwrite the reboot the pc.

you have a solution?

Thank you in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just one question: Why dont you use the new functionality of SAP GUI 7.20 which allows you to configure one central saplogon.ini file? It is much easier to handle imho, especially if you have to migrate 700 users.

Please see note 1426178 for further information on this topic (if this solution is interessting for you).

Regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

installing the new saplogon.ini to do from a SCCM package with automatic installation.

But there are Pc, when you reboot, the former SAP resumes SAPLOGON.ini that crushes the new, impossible to know how and by what process.

Kr

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you have an old domain logon script active that copies the old saplogon.ini everytime the user logs into windows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No , i have uninstall SAP for test and reinstall, the same.

I have deleted all SAP. on the computer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

no, I wanted to know if you have a domain script on startup (which is usual), which copies the "old" saplogon.ini from a central system to the client?

Maybe I can be a bit more precise: I guess it is as follows:

1. You install the new SAP GUI

2. You edit the saplogon.ini -> Everything is fine

3. You reboot

4. The saplogon.ini is the old one with old data -> You have to edit the saplogon.ini again

Between steps 3 and 4 I can imagine the following happens:

When the user logs into windows, a domain script is called to check several stuff. One thing it (the script) does is to copy a "standard" saplogon.ini file (which is now old) to the client the user logs on and overwrites your "new" saplogon.ini

I hope you know what I want to say.

Regards,

Jann

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I realize this is old now, but I suspect the problem was likely that your workstations are running Windows 7 or Vista, with UAC turned on (which is the default), and you are seeing problems as described in Notes 1589613 (SAPGui uses saplogon.ini from wrong folder in Windows 7) and 1031740 (SAP Logon: C:\Windows\saplogon.ini has no effect in Vista).

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be some another file with the same name saplogon.ini existing in your C: but in a different location. Can you check if there is any other file saplogon.ini present in C: drive.

Check in location C: -> Users -> <username> -> AppData -> Local -> SAP

Regards,

Laxman

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexis,

Can you review the logfiles and and check if there are any errors?

They should start with 1E or 2E with a space after the E (1E ),(2E ),

Also post the version of nwsapsetupadmin (usually 8.6.1.XX)

You may find the note below useful.

1587566 Installation problems with NwSapSetup Version 8.6

henrimuller
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

The links given in the note to download SapSetup_patch.exe are expired.

-:(

Henri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

After migration to 7.2 7.10 to logon, there is a big display bug in the SAP logon, or when the application does not launch.

Have to uninstall and reinstall.

The problem is that the installation was done from a package because we have 700 users to migrate

Kr

Alexis

Former Member
0 Kudos

We couldn't understand what problem you face during SAPGui 7.2 Installation. Could you be a bit more clear.

Thanks