cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU utilization at peaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On a particular day if there is a lot of CPU utilization, is there a way i can find like which process or which user have been using most of the resources. I mean i have gone trough os07 and st03n and st02 transactions, but if it is on that particular day i could find some information but if i need to find a week back how can i find the users or programs which have been using most of the resources.

Thanks for your help

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please could you share the OS ,DB details so that we can assist you better.

Thanks

Sukrut

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sukrut,

The OS is AIX, the database is DB2, can you suggest me the best approach to proceed in these situations.

Thanks for your help

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

On AIX wehave a tool called "nmon" which can give you better idea i.e data with timestamp.

At OS level "top"command would give much better idea as what's going on with your box.

Please let me know if this issue"cpu usage" started after any change or it got started suddenly.

Thanks

Sukrut

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think with the top CPU we can see the user usage on that day but i need to see a particular users CPU usage a week back.

We have a system user which runs some custom jobs daily, so on that particular day this system user has been using most of the resources.

So the best way we analyze the problem is by finding out which user or which program have been using the system user on that day. So is there a way i can see the log history of the system user.

Thanks for your help.

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will never see CPU utilisation with specific user details. All processes run as <sid>adm or ora<sid> at the os level so the OSCollector will only report those users.

What you need to do is track it by program. So check your top 40 CPU Processes in ST06N and see is the details are there. Otherwise you may need to run each program you suspect in your sandbox system and monitor the OS from there. Personally I've always found the SAP OS tools wanting, and would usually use the OS tools like top.