cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC destination not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a RFC destination in my XI system to connect to another system. But when i try Remote logon, it is not working. I have specified all the required details. Can anybody tell me what is the problem?

Regards,

Divija.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

If your RFC user is not a dialog user, then you will not be able to log on to the system in the dialog mode. The remote log on will fail in the dialog mode. However, when you use an RFC call, there will not be any problems.

Have u given the user id and client details...

Press System Information->Target information and check if it is giving u information of ur destination system only.

Also see if u have mentioned the host/port number correctly in SM59

I hope u have connection type set to 3 in technical settings, SAVE AS IP address and enter IP address in the Target host.

Load distribution should be set to NO.

Another option go to ST05 and select RFC trace and execute the RFC and then disply the trace.

Also go through these links...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/25/76cd3bae738826e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/33/c6e63b60c25767e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

I hope it helps.....

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When i tried System Information->Target system, it is showing all the details correctly but it is <b>showing a wrong Network address</b>. Any idea why this is happening?

Regards,

Divija.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

The user id and password enetered in the RFC destination, is it a LOG ON user id or is it a a SERRVICE USER Id. Remote Log on do not wok for Service user id's.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for the reply. What is the difference between the logon userid and service user id? I am able to logon to that external server using the id and password specified in the RFC destination.

Regards,

Divija.

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divija,

Try changing the password all to CAPS like if it is "password" to "PASSWORD" in the target system and giving the in SM59.

Thanks,

Prakash

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

What is the difference between the logon userid and service user id?

It is actually a DIALOG user id. DIALOG user id's are used for development and can be used for log on to system and their passwords expire.

SYSTEM USER ID do not have a password expiry and cannot be used for Log on to the systems using the GUI pad etc.

When your projects go into production, normally SYSTEM user id's are created with non expiring passwords in the production systems and remote log on is not possible for such cases.

<i>I am able to logon to that external server using the id and password specified in the RFC destination.</i>

hmm.. if you can do a GUI log on then i guess the user id is a DIALOG user id. I guess you will have to recheck all the values once again in the RFC destination.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Divija,

In transaction Su01--> Enter your User --> Display --> Tab LOG ON DATA

You will see what kind of user it is under USER TYPE>

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just cross check your steps with this weblog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Sekhar