cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synch RFC--BPM --Sync JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing a schenario where in im using BPM.

Synch RFC from XI box will trigger the interface, then i will make a synch call to sql server & synch call(RFC) to R/3.

Can anyone please letme know the steps required in BPM.

Do i need synch-async bridge?

And also lemme know if i can map a ASyncronous Message Interface to a Syncronous Message Interface.

Can i Map source as Synch RFC & target as synch sql & synch rfc R/3.If not how do i map

Thanks

Sumit

Message was edited by: Sumit Khetawat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>Can anyone please letme know the steps required in BPM.</i>

Lets assume you are doing all trasnforamtion inside the BPM,

1. RECEIVE step ==> Opens SYNCH ASYNCH bridge and receives RFC request message.

2. Transfrom step ==> Map RFC request message to JDBC request message. Mappinng between 2 abs Aynch Interfaces

3. SEND synchronous ==> to send JDBC request and get the JDBC response.

4. TRANSFORM step==> Map JDBC response to RFC response . Mapping between ABS Interfaces

5. SEND ==> Closes SYNCH ASYNCH bridge and Send's response back to the RFC.

You will have 2 RECEIVER DETERMINATIONS.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

I just looked upo into one of my SYNCH AYNCH Scenarios and i have created my interfaces exactly like i mentioned in these steps,

<i>1. RECEIVE step ==> Opens SYNCH ASYNCH bridge and receives RFC request message.

( This will have a synchronous message interface associated with it. A synch abs interface and will be used for the PROPERTY ~~Synchrnous Message in the BPM) We would also need an ABS ASYNCH Message Interface created for the Request Message and this should be used in the MESSAGE ( after creating CONTAINER element) for the same. )

2. Transfrom step ==> Map RFC request message to JDBC request message. Mappinng between 2 abs Aynch Interfaces

( You will have container elements created for REq RFC as stated in the step 1 and another for JDBC request )

3. SEND synchronous ==> to send JDBC request and get the JDBC response.

( You will use a SYNCH ABS against MESSGAE INTERFACE , and also, a separate ABS ASYCNH for request and response )

4. TRANSFORM step==> Map JDBC response to RFC response . Mapping between ABS Interfaces

( same as step 2)

5. SEND ==> Closes SYNCH ASYNCH bridge and Send's response back to the RFC.</i>

Use the Container element created for the mapping in step 4.

In case of Split mapping, again you will need ABS ASYNCH Message interfaces.

Drop me a mail if you need screen shots.

Regards,

bhavesh

All you mapping in the BPM is between Asynch Abs Interfaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We would also need an ABS ASYNCH Message Interface created for the Request Message and this should be used in the MESSAGE

Even i was thinking of the same.

WHat i understand is that i should create a asynch MI with the reqest from RFC & abstract asynch MI for the jdbc request.

So in this case we would have the following interfaces.

1)Synch abst MI for JDBC

2)Synch abst MI for RFC.

3)Asynch Request abs MI for JDBC.

4) Asynch Request abs MI for RFC.

Then we can map the 3rd & 4th Interface.

Am i right?

Cheers

Sumit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So in this case we would have the following interfaces.

1)Synch abst MI for JDBC

2)Synch abst MI for RFC.

3)Asynch Request abs MI for JDBC.

4) Asynch Request abs MI for RFC.

For response mapping, you would need 5.AYNCH RESPONSE ABS for JDBC and 6.AYNCH RESPONSE ABD for RFC .

<i>Then we can map the 3rd & 4th Interface.</i>

First mapping will be between interface 4 and interface 3 ( source and target respectivley)

Second mapping will be between Interface 5 and 6 ( Source and Target Respectively).

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks. Missed those two..

Cheers,

Sumit

Even mails would be gr8.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

You will also have my email id. Prefer mails.

Thanks a ton.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Message was edited by: Bhavesh Kantilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit !

Did you make this scenario finally work ?

I'm trying to do the same (RFC<->XI->FILE) using S/A bridge. My problem is that the monitor always says BPE_ADAPTER UNKNOWN MESSAGE...In your configuration scenario, in the 1st receiver determination,..did you use a Sync Outbount MI with the RFC response and RFC request as Output and Input message types or did you directly use the RFC ? It seems that I cannot make the BPM start processing.

Thanks

Matias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you need a synch asynch bridge

In your RECIVE STEp for the RFC request , you will open the SYNCH AYSNCH bridge and in the SEND step to send the response back to RFC you will close the SYNCH AYNCH Bridge.

In your receiver and send steps, you have an option to open and close the synch asynch bridge.

<i>And also lemme know if i can map a ASyncronous Message Interface to a Syncronous Message Interface.</i>

You will have 2 mapping all between Aysnch Interfaces. No synch Interfaces will be involved in the mapping.

Are you doing the mapping isnide the BPM or outside? If you are doing inside, then the mapping will be between AYCNH ABSTARCT interfaces,

if you droing outside the BPM, it will be between ABSTRACT AYNCH and AYSNCH \ outbound inbound interfaces.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>You will have 2 mapping all between Aysnch Interfaces. No synch Interfaces will be involved in the mapping.</i>

I dont have any Asynch Interfaces..which asynch interface are you talking about..

I would tell you about my schenario in brief..

I am getting some input paramters from a table in XI and those input paramters are to be passed to Four different systems(R/3,APO,SQL,Oracle).I would get data from all the four systems and finally send back to XI using the synch RFC.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Sorry for d confusion.. What I meant was there will be mapping between Synch and Aysnch Interfcaces ( both ABSTRACT ).

Hope this clears your query.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Sorry for the confusion 2.. i dont have any Asynch interface either..

So do i map this way..

Source 1) RFC (XI)

Target

1) SQL Synch

2) Oracle Synch

3) R/3 RFC synch

4) APO Rfc SYnch

This becomes MultiMapping where the source and all the target interfaces are synch.

When i try to do this way ..i Get the following error in Interface Mapping..

<i>A multi-mapping with multiple source or target interface instances is only recommended with asynchronous interfaces, since only a mapping of this type can be used in the process editor. Message Interface MI_SPARES_SYN3 | urn:misreport are not asynchronous abstract interfaces</i>

How do i map the source & target??

Thanks

SUmit

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sumit,

Your TARGET MESSAGE INTERFACE in this case will have to be a ABSTRACT SYNCH MESSAGE INTERFACE. Have not tried such a scenario and amnot very sure though.

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

Thanks for ur help. I have made all the target MI as synch. But how do i do the mapping between the source and the target Message.

Regards,

SUmit