cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back link in Catalog

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We are trying to activate a link "Back to SRM" and deactivate the Back link itself in the catalog (to prevent duplication of items). We have looked at OSS notes 1132038 as well as 1445078. However, we still cannot get it to work correctly. I am working with OSS to resolve this but I was hoping someone on the forum may have a solution. We also added the inbound/outbound handlers in the call structure with no effect.

When our users log into SRM, the first page is a Welcome Page. When they click on Shop Full Functionality, it opens a new window. Then, when they click on Add Item, the catalog opens within the create shopping cart screen (not a separate window). I am not sure if our portal administrator is looking in the wrong area or not. OSS recommended to have the catalog open in a separate window so that the user could just click the red X instead of the back link. But, we are still seeing the back link and the catalog is not opening in a separate window.

Monique

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jason_boggans
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear monique,

The catalog no longer opens in a new window from SRM 7.0 as we now use Portal as UI or NWBC, in order to maintain session reliability the catalog frame is launched from within the Shopping Cart Guided Application Framework, this SC 'session' is then placed in ACTION SUSPEND, until the return from catalog is generated where the session is triggered to reopen with a RESUME command.

If you wish to remove the portal navigation 'back' link, I believe you already have a note for doing so, if this has not worked, re-trace all the steps in case something was missed. It should work. By adding the bypassinb/outb_handler parameters into the call structure you should then have available the Return to SRM link instead in the catalog.

You are also correct, use of teh integrated call structure in SPRO is no longer recommended, it is relevant for older UI technology like ITS.

Regards,

Jason

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jason. Guess I will need to wait until I hear back from OSS since we have tried everything possible to get the "Back to SRM" link visible in the catalog and remove the Back link.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Miantian the call structure under Integrated Call structure .

Regards

Trinath

former_member114630
Active Participant
0 Kudos

From what I understand, the integrated call structure no longer applies in SRM 7.0.