cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM explosion in Sales Order acting weird

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to make a simple BOM explode but it just wouldn't although as far as I can see it should. The details:

1. I created a sales BOM (T-FUA01) with usage 5 (S&D), entered the components (automatically got L - stock item), entered the plant no. and saved it.

2. I went to the Material Master of the sales BOM and changed the item category (not the general Item category) to ERLA.

3. I checked that OR - ERLA -blank - blank combination leads to a TAQ from Customization.

4. I checked that structure scope of single level BOM (option A) has been selected for TAQ.

When I make the Standard Order (OR) though with Material T-FUA01, the sales BOM simply gets the Item Category of TAN and upon manually changing it to TAQ explodes when it should be doing this automatically. This made me think that apparently the system is using:

OR-NORM-blank-blank

that allows 4 different options to be manually entered (hence I can). But why is it taking up NORM instead of ERLA or even LUMF is simply beyond me. In frustration I even changed the General Item Category which has nothing to do with this but as expected did not help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just figured I had to go to Item Categories in the CS02 main screen and save the L-D-K (categories for BOM, Doc and Class) and then again save after getting back on main screen. I think it is already done but for some reason that worked for me. Wait for a while because the changes at least in my case seemed a while to take and then try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

just re-check the following:

1) in your material master, the item category group is ERLA in sales org 2 view field: 'Item category group'.

2) You re-created the order after you changed the material master.

3) You're using standard item categories?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have done all three several times now.

ERLA check.

OR (Standard order) check.

Trying after changes check.

I didnt completely get standard item categories thingy

Former Member
0 Kudos

one more check: the sales org/dist channel for which you changed, corresponds to the sales order sales org/dist channel ?

Also check if you've any customer master info records maintained in VD53 which takes priority?

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah the Distribution chain is the exact same and no customer-master info. records found.

Oh and one thing, its the Item category group that I have managed to change not the Item Category itself (cant find it) but I guess it is the same thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

item category is diff from item category group..but if you changed to ERLA..then the item category should be determined automatically using entries in tcode VOV4. just verify the ERLA+OR combination exists.

and can't think of anything else. the best shot I thought was existence of customer material info records in tcode VD53.

Regards,

Raghu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I really appreciate the effort you've put in to help me through this. Could you do me one last favor while I wait for other replies that where can I exactly change the Item Category for a material and not just the group? Sales Org. 2 only has group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you won't find the item category in material master..it is a derived value..and comes from setting in VOV4 tcode.

Regards,

Raghu.