cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accesing an RFC from webdynpro throws exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to call an RFC from Webdynpro which in turn calls another RFC in another system.....

Example:

I am calling an RFC function that’s exists in XYZ system from webdynpro. This RfC function is calling another RFC function that exists in ABC system.

The webdynpro application throws an exception

Exception thrownAccessing System ABC is not possible because RFC Metadata was retrieved using System XYZ. Please assure you have configured the RFC Connections properly. A Server restart may be necessary!

Please Help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

as Jochen mentioned, it is not possible to run the same model against different backends within the same application.

But you do have an option to get your problem solved:

import only those RFCs into a single model, which will definitely run against the same system. In your case, you would import two models, each containing the RFCs targeted for only one system.

Next, you would define individual logical system names. Iow, two distinct metadata destinations, and two distinct application data destinations. One model would use one metadata/appdata destination pair, the other model uses the other metadata/appdata destination pair.

The only downside of this, is that you can not reference data from one model in the other model (because they ly in different java packages). But if you use the WDCopyService, you can still copy data from one model into the input structure of the RFC of the other model.

This is also the suggested design pattern for your problem.

Ciao, Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the meta data and the "real data" must be loaded from the same system. Otherwise there could be inconsistencies.

From my point of view you defined the meta data connection for the "XYZ" and the application data for the "ABC" system. This is not possible.

Regards

Jochen