Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPK4 settings are ignored during CAT9 transfer

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

Within OPK4 confirmation settings I have Costing log flag raised and dependent confirmation termination due to Costing errors flag raised too.

Nevertheless during CAT9 transfer process (in dialog mode) CATS records are always marked as transferred even though there are Costing errors.

Same time it works fine for IW42.

I have tried similar scenario with OPST and CAT5 process having same result. Confirmation termination flag due to Costing errors seems to be ignored in CAT5 and CAT9.

There is an OSS note 565370 that seems relevant for CATS data transfer process, but system does not behave as expected.

We are on ECC 6.0

Thank you,

Paulo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

I got information from my colleague, I translate it in english:

The flag will be considered, if

1. either no process control key is maintained

or a process control key is maintianed, which is allowed to book the actual costs in dialog mode.

2. And the flag ' log for actual costs determination' is active.

in case of incorrect actual costs, the message of log will be showed to inform about the incorrect costs. It leads to the abort of

confirmation.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I aware about SAP standard behavior.

Unfortunately I have SAP support consultant on OSS who is during 4 months trying to convince me that OSS note 565370 is relevant only for IW41 transaction.

He is arguing that CAT9 is not a dialog mode transaction, therefore it is not possible to stop confirmation process and prevent records into the error pool. That simply contradicts instructions from OSS note 565370.

He is saying "It is not possible to 'stop' the CAT9 processing when a error situation is encountered", regardless OPK4 settings.

Is there any way I can escalate my OSS message within SAP and get it reassigned with other SAP support consultant who is a subject expert?

Thank you,

Paulo