Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allocation at component level

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to check component allocation at characteristic level other than 'plant'. e.g. sales org or customer

If yes, please let me know how to do it.

As per my understanding if allocation at the component is configured using other characteristic values, multi-level availability check ignores the components.

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, the characteristics RULE_MATNR and RULE_WERKS are the only characteristics allowed that you can use in the product allocation group for the check against product allocations at component level !

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/05/7e1f3bc779144ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Any modification in that area is not recommended. Sorry.

best regards,

Michael

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

hi Michael,

Is there any work around to check allocations at component level for other characteristics? e.g. may be a use exit

Regards,

RS

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RS,

I have checked the issue again in our internal systems and was succesful in using the ship-to as characteristic for the allocation check on component level. Sorry for the previous reply..but it seems you can use other characteristic as well and without any modification ! Just keep in mind that any location or material depended characteristic (except RULE_MATNR and RULE_WERKS) you use in the allocation check at component level is the one from the header material !! That means the field catalogue when executing the allocation check at component level is the field catalogue from the header material (except RULE_MATNR and RULE_WERKS).

best regards,

Michael

Edited by: Michael Thinschmidt on Oct 7, 2011 4:29 PM

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to carry out MATP with allocations maintained at component level. Allocations are maintained in planning area at material - location combination.

The issue is, allocations maintained at parent material are getting considered but not at component level.

For your information, multilevel check functionality in APO availability check is getting triggered when I create sales order in ECC for parent materail i.e. I can see the navigation structure and missing parts list.

But the purpose is to restrict confirmations at parent material based on allocation restrictions at component level.

Let me know if you need further inputs.

Regards,

RS