Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO output not sent through SOST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are on ECC 6.0

We have configured "EXTERNAL SEND" for the PO output.Howeverf or some PO's as the email address of the OA vendor was not maintaiend in the system.,actual PO output is not sent via email!

However when i click on the MESAGES button in ME23N for the PO,it does show everything green for the "EXTERNAL SEND" entry.Is there any mechanismm in the system which can be configured so that a notification is sent out to the PO creator when the email actually goes out through SOST to the vendor?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the response.

However I think my question has not been understood correctly.

We are not having issues with SOST not sending emails!

My question is for some PO's,for which the email address are not maintained in the vdnro master for the vendor used,it is very clear that the emails will not be actually sent out from system(via SOST).But for these PO's in ME23N,when I click on the MESSAGES button,the entry for "EXTERNAL SEND" output is GREEN.

If the PO output via EMAIL is not actually sent out from system,why is the entry green for these PO's under MESSAGES in ME23N?

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wells looks like once the smartform data is sent to communication medium (external send in this case) it just sets the green traffic light it's giving error only if you don't maintain a printer in your user master for external send.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When SAP says completed, (green traffic light) then this has the same meaning as when you write a letter and drop it into the box at your local post office. it is not more in your hand that the letter is delivered to the receipient, so it is with SAP. It has handed over ..from purchasing transaction to the SAPConnect.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@Jürgen

If we consider your analogy, before dropping the letter in the box one would make sure that To address is written on the envelope. I'm surprised SAP is checking if printer field is empty user master for external send but not email field in the vendor master.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the email address is missing, then SAP switches to an alternative processing which is defined in communication strategy, e.g. print.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the clarification.

Jurgen,

So the alternative processing switch is fine but is there any way to notify some user about the failed email?

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's pretty odd that when we clearly mention the output method as external send (primary) it just doesn't throw any error if the field is empty but it throws error for validity of secondary channel.

Guess the one way to know is, the ones that get printed are the ones that do not have email in the vendor master.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if the email address is missing and SAP switchs automatically to print, then there is no failed email, there is no email created at all.

if you have an email address and SAPConnect cannot send the mail, then the user will usually get a notification.

I think the problem is that the sender of the email is always an RFC-User, instead of the user who created the PO (see OSS note 561593).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen..

But the odd question still remains...if email is not even created at all(because email address of vendor is missing),then when I click on MESSAGES button in ME23N,it should show RED for the entry for "EXTERNAL SEND" and GREEN for the alternative medium "PRINT".

I our system,both entries are green.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Had you checked in SOST if you have an email?

did you have just one message record for email in your PO before you saved? or do you have 2 messages right from the beginning, one for printing and another for emailing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked the MESSAGES after the PO was ordered.

There is no email in SOST for that PO as the email address was not maintained for the vendor used.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then please maintain email address for that.

Regards,

Madhu.

sjeevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With all the settings mentioned by the above poster, you need to make sure that you open ports for SAP to send emails to external domain names through the default SMTP gateway (normally IT administrator does it). You can test it by sending a test email to your gmail or something from SAP in SBWP.

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

1) Maintain the mail id in vendor master 2) Check the setting in scot 3) Check any mail are there in que.Check the time adjusted to releases the mail to external.

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please compare your SCOT settings with this document:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVCOM/BCSRVCOM.pdf

Kuber