cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block deliveries when GTS is down and ECC is up

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a difficult problem that I hope there is an easy solution for. I have looked in SCN and OSS notes without much success. We are on 7.1 GTS and 6.0 ECC, and we have been up on SAP for 2 years.

Sometimes when we have a system shutdown, a bunch of sales order on SPL block get delivered because GTS is down and ECC is up. Every time this happens Basis says they have fixed the problem, but it keeps on re-occurring. Since we canu2019t rely on Basis to bring everything back up correctly, I was wondering if there is a fail-safe way to prevent this from happening. We are tossing around the idea of putting these sales orders on delivery block or rejecting them, but that seems like a lot of extra work for the compliance team.

Is there a simple way that can prevent any deliveries from being created if GTS is down? Would shutting down the RFC connection accomplish that?

-Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

In the GTS section of the IMG in the ERP system ("Plug-In"), there's a control in the setting for each Sales Order and Delivery type to specify the "System Response in Feeder System if SAP GTS fails". Choices are:

• Subsequent Process Allowed

• Subsequent Process Not Allowed, Document Can Be Posted

Doesn't that second choice solve your problem, or have I mis-understood the issue?

Best regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave,

Thanks for the quick reply. That looks like it will solve our problem. I will give it a try in development.

The full SPRO pathname for my future reference is:

Sales and Distribution > Foreign Trade/Customs / SAP Global Trade Services - Plug-in > Control Data for Transfer to SAP Global Trade Services > Configure Control Settings for Document Transfer.

Select SD0A Application Level (Dispatch/Export Sales Document), then double click on Document Types. Select the pertinent Document Type and click on Details. In the middle of page under "Control Settings for System Reaction" is the field "System Response in Feeder System if SAP GTS Fails"

-Mike

Answers (0)