cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ! I trying to install slm 7.1 on windows 2008 64bit. this host have installed slm 7.01 eph1. there is lots of problem was make by other people... i want to drop db , dont change SID and install new release.

make choise tipical conf , kernel , java , exp 1,2 and then sapinst ask Kernel NW 7.20. the disk label is SAP:SAPLUP:700::😘

i`ve found that label in deep tree of the disk (SL_CONTROLLER_700)

but its said : Caught ESAPinstException in module call: There exist no dialog element with name instanceNumber and also no mapping for that name in the current keydb client. Please inform the component developer about the bug..

what`s wrong ? i cant understand...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Hi all ! I trying to install slm 7.1 on windows 2008 64bit. this host have installed slm 7.01 eph1. there is lots of problem was make by other people... i want to drop db , dont change SID and install new release.

I suggest you then start with a clean installation (wipe the OS and reinstall it).

Just deleting the database will not delete local configurations and will not, what's much more important, delete the Java installation and PATHs.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all. you were right. i cleaned up old system w/o db. and problem was solved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

older releases asked me what i want to do... and if its offered me to del or drop i`ll be say yes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

older releases asked me what i want to do... and if its offered me to del or drop i`ll be say yes.

Did it ask del/drop during 'de-installation' process for old release ? or what ?

I am still in doubt for what process you are using till now, but I don't think it is possible to just drop the DB for existing solman release and upgrade the release to 7.1 just by installing 7.1

Could you clarify once more what all you have done till now and what is the requirement.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ! I trying to install slm 7.1 on windows 2008 64bit. this host have installed slm 7.01 eph1. there is lots of problem was make by other people... i want to drop db , dont change SID and install new release.

Hello,

Why don't you clean up the existing solman 7.0 EhP1 completely (instead of db drop) and then do the fresh installation ?

Thanks