cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBRK-ZUKRI : Billing Split

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using Data Transfer Routine for Billing Split and using VBRK-ZUKRI and ZUK.

Here I am facing the problem with the length of VBRK-ZUKRI.

Here length of the VBRK-ZUKRI is 40 C. And our Billing Split Criteria Combination Field ZUK is exceeding 40 C. Total lenght of all the fields used in ZUK is 74 C. So if the value id different after 40th character, it is not splitting the Billinf Document.

Could anybody give some idea what can be done with this situation? Extending the length of VBRK-ZUKRI field is not advisable.

Quick reply would be appricated.!!

Thanks in advance.

rgards,

hp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

If you say that you are using some fields which exceed 40 characters, there is something fundamentally wrong in your design. I have never seen a situation where morethan 12 characters of ZUKRI being used for the split.

Please go through your design once again. May be you are using some fields which are taken care of in standard SAP itself. For example criteria like payer, payment terms, need not be included in ZUKRI. You have to add only fields wihch are not in the standard billing split.

In the worst case, if you need only more than 40C, then I would suggest not to change the field length. Instead you can use some rules to convert these characters into the criteria which falls under 40char. For example if some field has 5characters and there are 10 possible values, you can map these values in a Z table to a new value with less than 5char, say from A to J. Like this you can restrict your range to 40char and try to achieve billing split.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The standard system itself splits billing documents based on few fields like payment terms, bill-to party etc. May I know what other parameters forcing you to have more than 40 C? You can take a look at OSS Note 11162 - Invoice split criteria in billing document on split details.

You can also refer the thread

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Actually we have unique requirement where we need to have a control the billing split with 2 different fields (one from master data and another from transaction data)

1. Customer Group 4 (VBAK-KVGR4) (here based on this we are using logical code of Length: 18C for some other purpose which cannot be changed)

2. Customer Purchase Order Number (VBKD-BSTDK) (Length: 35C)

So I cannot make it less then 40C. Apart from that we also need to add some customized logic to make this requirement work. But the basic requirement is as mentioned above which is really required.

If you have some idea, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

hp

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Do an analysis for these data. I'm sure that it's difficult that you use the 18 char of field VBAK-KVGR4 and the 35 char of field VBKD-BSTDK. For instance, transfer all data (from SE16/SE16N) to an excel file and do a clustering analysis. After this, do offsets in this field and transfer the chain of characters that are different.

For instance,

BEGIN OF zuk,
      zkvgr4(6),
      zbstdk(10),
  END OF zuk.

zuk-zkvgr4 = vbkd-kvgr4+10(6).
  zuk-zbstdk = vbkd-bstkd(10).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hardik,

I haven't found any work around to cater to more than 40 C, I would suggest to check if you could restrict the PO# to 22 C ?

Agree/convince your business to use the PO# to 22C and also put a check in sales order user exit before saving or while creation to check that the PO# hasn't been entered for more than 22 C.

And in your ZUKRI, take VBKD-BSTDK+0(22). Sorry but seems you've to compromise somewhere.

Regards,

Raghu.