cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Version for MII 12.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the highest version of Java that can be used by end users for MII UI's?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

did you get an answer to your question?

End users areworking with MII 12.1 with 1.6.30 and IE8 and it works. There are problems when are more versions installed (e.g. 1.6.30 and 1.7.0) - the website is not displayed - .

We are trying to understand why this happens although version 1.6.30 is also installed.

Thanks and kind regards,

Florin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

Good question

SAP xMII 11.5

One of the key benefits of the SAP xApp Manufacturing Integration and Intelligence (SAP xMII) is its ultra-thin client architecture that requires zero client administration. SAP xMII clients require a standard Web browser only which minimizes installation and management. No SAP xMII software needs to be installed on any of the client systems. Setup and installation of SAP xMII is performed entirely on your Web server. The client browser does require that a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) plug-in to be installed in order to use the full set of user interface objects. The supported JRE for a client machine is version 1.4.2 from Sun Microsystems, Inc.® (the latest release of 1.4.2 is recommended for the client).

Note: It is not recommended that the server application be installed on a server with a JSDK/JRE version greater than 1.4.2_07.

Link:

I've used version 1.5.0_22 and had no problems.

SAP MII 12.0

JRE: Confirm that you have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.2_07 or higher (but not 1.5.0.07,

1.5.0.08, and 1.5.0.09) installed on your client machines.

I've used version 1.5.0_22+ and had no problems.

SAP MII 12.1

"MII will be deployed on NetWeaver CE, JDK 1.5 based"

Link

I've used 1.6.0_17+ and had no problems.

view Note: SAP Note 1402532 - Applet Repainting Issues with JRE 1.6.10+

I'm testing the following parameters in code applet:

I would also like to know everyone's opinion on this subject. I like to use the features of SAP MII to develop UI´s, so this information is very important to us.

We can not force a client to use a JRE specified.

Regards,

Danilo Santos