cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND error handling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I hope someone may enlighten me with a question I have on the Offline Approval inbound process...

We're running SRM 7.0 SP9, and in order to configure the inbound processing of the offline approval we have to go to SO50, add the exit /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND etc. All good so far!

The question: how is the error handling done, and most importantly how may we add our custom logic? I see there is a method called HANDLE_ERROR (where I could add an enhancement implementation) - which seems to not be called anywhere and doesn't have any import/export parameters! Therefore this is no good for me I guess (unless someone proves me wrong?)

Basically my client wants to add an entry to RZ20 alert / or a normal log in SLG1 whenever an offline approval fails (if immediate processing fails for any other reason). By standard I think it forwards the reply e-mail to the SAP Business Workplace inbox of the user.

Has anyone done something similar? I have checked the forums and done several xSearches on the SAP Marketplace, however just hitting dead ends...

Many thanks!

Adi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see there is a kind of "error log" done in the report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALGET after calling the methods of the class /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND - which is basically WRITE statements.

Is there any way of getting that into the SLG1 log / RZ20 (without modifying the standard code of the report)?

Cheers,

Adi

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Adi,

I will not answer to your question, but i will tell you how we managed this to inform approver his/her approval mail decision has not updated WI due to process errors.

We managed this with e-mail sending to approver.

For that, we made an enhancement in method IF_INBOUND_EXIT_BCS~CREATE_INSTANCE from class interface /SAPSRM/CL_OFFLINEAPP_INBOUND (exit name used in SO50 ).

This method calls method PROCESS_DECISION wich evaluates WI decision: depending on its return code (if equal to gc_continue), our enhancement is processed to send a specific notification mail to the approver to inform him/her an error occurred while execution his/her decision, so he/she has to log on to SRM system.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Many thanks for the answer mate, it sounds like a good solution for the moment...

However, I guess you mean method IF_INBOUND_EXIT_BCS~PROCESS_INBOUND is the one that calls the method process_decision, and is where you have the return code of the execution. Anyways, I'm gonna give it a try! right away...

Cheers,

Adi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adi Abu-Taha Zitawi,

Hope all is well.

I actually have the same question as you.  The standard error handling functionality seems to send a message back to the "wf-batch" user if there is an error.  Also, this message is pretty useless since it does not even contain the shopping cart #.  This is also not an ideal solution because a business user has no visibility of these messages.

What / how did you end up resolving this business requirement?  Did you implement the solution mentioned above?

cheers,