cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading flash file into web dynpro's mime repository ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru's,

i have a requirement like uploading flash file into web dynpro mime repository dynamically through program or any other way.the content should be different but the file have same name.its very urgent?if don;t understand i will give you breif?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

did you find a solution to your problem? i checked in a bsp application and there was no type for flash.

I guess basis needs to install the plugin for MIME type application/x-shockwave-flash

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravikumar,

you can use the CL_MIME_REPOSITORY_API for creating contents in MIME repository. For more details check out the report BSP_UPDATE_MIMEREPOS which internally uses this MIME repository API for updating the contents.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sarvanan,

sorry for late replay i am in leave.Is this update the internal mime directory of webdynpro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravikumar,

As suggested use ' cl_mime_repository_api'.

Please check this..

also this..

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

if i try to put the file content into mime path its asking request.Actually all these problem coming for only the request(for every refreshing content its ask requests).

we have any chance to refresh the content in web dynpro mime repository through back ground program with out asking the request.if you have any example code plz give me its very helpful.

Thanks,

Ravi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

MIME objects are considered development objects and follow the rules of development objects. Therefore they must ask for a development request when uploading. Consequently, they wouldn't allow uploading in a system closed to development (for example in a production system).

Usually if you want such dyanamic swaping of content, you wouldn't use the MIME repository. Instead you would place objects into the ICM cache if you only want temporary access.

The other approach people use is to create a custom ICF handler and within that handler retrieve the contents from a database table. Then the MIME content can be treated like transactional data. Both of these approaches should work with Flash Islands as well. They would just require adjusting the path of the SWF property of the Island. As long as the path of the SWF is local to the ABAP AS, it should be accepted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thomos,

Very thank full to your valuable answer,Actually my problem with swf file only.when ever uploading a swf file into my web dynpro its asking request and that request is moved to production system every day.so users asking with out moving any request how it will change the content in production system. i am expecting don't have a chance to refresh the content with out using custom table.If we have how can i proceed.i am very new to web dynpro plz help me.

thanks,

Ravi.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>i am expecting don't have a chance to refresh the content with out using custom table.If we have how can i proceed.

Basically you have the options I described in my original response. If you want to update the objects in Production, you shouldn't use the MIME Repository for storage. I would suggest the approach of a custom table storing the SWF object as an XSTRING column and custom SICF handler class to expose these objects via URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to every one.closing this thread.

Thanks,

Ravi