cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 73 sp2 - issue with multimapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are having a strange issue in PI 73 sp2. We recently upgraded from PI 711 to PI 73 and migrated all our development artifacts over to the new instance. We have a multimapping scenario (1:3) which was working fine in the PI 711 instance is not working anymore in the new PI 73 instance.

It is a

SOAP (AE) -> IE -> JDBC/ABAP Proxy

scenario.

We can see the payload in the RWB in Comm Channel monitoring but when it comes to the IE, mapping runtime is receiving an empty payload and the mapping fails.

Has anyone encountered any such issue ? I am hoping that someone can point me to a OSS note as it doesnt seem like anything is wrong with the interface as such. It was working just fine in the PI 711 instance and no changes were made in the new instance.

Thanks

Sridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you use SOAP adapter with Xi 3.0 Message Protocol in Receiver side instead of XI adapter and test again?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gabriel .. we are using the SOAP Adapter, we did update the meta-data to the PI BASIS 7.30 version. We are able to see the payload in the RWB in the SOAP Sender channel.

On further research, we noticed that the mappings migrated over from the PI 711 box to the PI 730 box are not working as designed as the contexts seem to be messed up. Hence, the sequence of execution is haywire and causing lot of errors. I am not sure if anyone else is facing similar issues.

Thanks

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Note 1567905 fixed the issue with the multimapping. We decided to upgrade to SP4 from SP2 as it includes a few more fixes (as always).